Against all the odds, against all the pain

Vela: "It was a set-up... i dont buy all that bullshit..."
Korevyv: "Youve seen the recordings, Hesh is a traitor! He killed the president of the united states, how can you not see whats wrong with that?"
Rodrigo: "My brother is many things... an asshole, a dick... but i know for a fact he is not a traitor."
Korevyv: "Says the guy who was abandoned back on their dimensi..."
Korevyv did not have time to finish before Rodrigo punched his face at full force.
Korevyv: "What the fuck?!"
Rodrigo: "He didnt leave me behind i was the one who volunteered to sacrifice."
Yono and Zahira held Rodrigo back.
Vela: "Thats enough! Both of you!"
Zahira: "listen, Rodrigo ive read the ghost squad history of missions and Python was the one who wanted the president out of the picture... isnt it a weird coincidence that Python and your brother where called and on that exact moment Hesh killed the president?"
Yono: "Yeah, but only because she was getting paid to do so. It doesnt make sense that someone is willing to pay her to do such a thing when: a) she was given a second chance by the same person she was trying to kill.
And b) theres a whole alien invasion in which, by the way, we arent even half a month through and we are already losing against them."
Korevyv: "Are you suggesting that we have been under a traitors rule all along?"
Vela: "I cant believe youre willing to follow a possible traitor and execute your best friend who has been with you through ice and fire."
Korevyv: "We are soldiers we are not supposed to question the authority, the chain of command must be upheld!"
Rodrigo: "And that is reason enough to act like a fucking emotionless machine?!"
Korevyv: "Are i and Zahira the only ones who are not blinded by emotions and are thinking straight?!"

Meanwhile...

Python and you had hijacked a military boat before the ship sank and you went in the direction of Los Angeles...
Radio chatter in distress was all you could hear, soldiers trying to hold off the advancing cryptids, civilians trying to escape only to be caught in the onslaught, jets, choppers and all sorts of flying vehicle being shot down from the sky by energy beams from the ancient ones...
You were trying to make contact with the coast but to no avail only when Python said your name you were taken away from your thoughts.
Python: "Hesh."
You: "Fuck... its all going to hell..."
Python: "What do we do once we arrive to L.A?"
You: "We have to go to the center of this shit hole. Which im guessing its the facility where i teleported in the first place... only problem is i dont even know how is it called or where it is..."
Python: "I know a place to ssssstart looking... but it may take a while until we get there..."
You: "Where would that be?"
Python: "there is a listening post in San Francisco where i used to re-arm myself or interrogate sssssomeone... no offense..."
You dismissed her with your hand and said: "none taken. So where is this post?"
Python took out a holo pad with the map of San Francisco.
Python: "Right here..."
She pointed at a street in the outskirts of the city.
You: "Then that will be our destination..."
The both of you arrived at the dock in San Francisco, but waiting for you was a police check point naturally you acted normal and got through it without much trouble.
You arrived at the place and Python introduced the password, her claw print and her retina scan.
You and Python proceeded inside, sealing the door behind you.
Python: *turning on the lights* "and let there be light..."
Once the lights sparked back to life you were left amazed when all the weaponry was revealed...
You took 45-70 govt rounds for your M1 Irons and a bunch of mags for your rifle...

Python, meanwhile went to an intel room to monitor the cryptids movements and the armys movements.
You went to the intel room once you were done, and checked on her.
You: "Python... are you okay...?"
Python: "huh? Yesssss im okay... im not wounded."
You: "I wasnt talking about wounds..."
Python: "wh-what do you mean...?"
You: "I mean if youre okay..."
Python: "O-oh... y-yesssss im fine..."
You: "We will get through this... okay?"
You: "We are not done yet, i dont know about you, but im not about to let them take over all of this... im not willing to lose a second chance in a mew world because of an alien invasion, Python... stay strong... Stay... With... Me!"
Python: "Ill ssssstand with you, and it lookssss like the granpas are headed for the state of new mexico... *she amplified an area of the holo map revealing their intentions* it looksssss like they want to get here... at all cosssssts...?
They are desperate to reach it... but why...? Itd make ssssense if it were area 51 but they are headed just for the middle of the desssssert...
And thats where our "friends" are heading asssss well, theres an order that commandssss them to be deployed 2/3 of a mile from the grampssss..."
You: "is that what you call the ancient ones now?"
Python: "if you have a better name you grant it..."
You: "Point taken."
You gave it some thought and said.
You: "Well then... thats where well be heading... obviously they are planning something big..."
Once you were both done you put everything inside a sports bag and loaded it on an R.V and drove off into the night...

Hi guys sorry this took me this long i hope you enjoyed this chapter...
Were also nearing the end of our journey and i dont think therell be more parts to this saga however ill still be around to finish my other books.

Im glad you made this journey a reality and most importantly that you made this journey with me.

Heads up tho! Cus this book isnt over yet!