The apocalypse

???: "It is their time to give penance... Mr. Hesh..."
You reached the reactor basement. So you stepped out of the elevator, followed by the remnants of your squad...
Rodrigo: "It seems the only safe way to the reactor is through the M.R.T.S but... *inhales sharply* well... it has definitely seen better days..."
Vela: "Can you fix it?"
Rodrigo: "Oh, sure if i had an available timespan of two months..."
Zahira: "Rodrigo, its okay... we will find another way..."
You: "What are our options...?"
Rodrigo: "Well, um... we could have an E.T.A of 6 minutes... if we had a mean of transportation... but since thats unlikely to happen... im afraid we will have to resort to our food ol' legs to reach it in... 46 minutes if we keep a steady pace."
Vela: "Alright... guess we're walking then, Zahira, Yono lets haul ass!"

15 minutes of walking later...

The walk was silent for the most part up until now the echoing of your footsteps traveling into the depths of the M.R.T.S and back losing themselves somewhere along the way...
The fighting could still be heard on the surface with the occasional bombing run that the fighters up there made. But it was all distant, the only real sound down there with you was your own breathing which almost seemed like you were too afraid to even exhale, unsure if the shadows would jump at you at any moment.
Vela: "Hesh..."
You: "What is it...?"
Velvela: "I-im sorry... f-for... doubting you but i need to know..."
You: *not taking your eyes off of the direction your flashlight is looking* "About?"
Velvela: "What happened while we were aboard the Claimer...?"
You: "The president wanted me dead... and i now know why..."
Velvela: "Huh?"
You: "While Python and i were making our way to the New Mexico desert... i received a visit... He is from where i came from e-except he stopped time and told me he wanted to..."
Velvela: "Arrange an agreement..?"
You: "Wh-what? How?!"
Vela: "He calls himself N-man right?"
You were befuddled and couldn't come up with the right words so you just limited yourself to nod.
Vela: "He talked to me as well... but i refused his offer... im not sure what is it he wanted..."
Hesh: "I dont know..."
Vela: "Are you okay...?"
You: "I accepted..."
Vela: "Wh-what?!"
You: "I think its better for me to have accepted his offer instead of Korevyv..."
Vela: "...You have a point..."

31 minutes of walking later

You: "Are we there yet?"
Rodrigo: "I-i think so..."
Yono: "I dont want to pressure you or anything but we are risking extinction here so there is no place for doubts im afraid..."
Rodrigo: "hmmmm... yes! We're here!"
Zahira: "Nice work!"
Rodrigo: *blushing* "i-its nothing all in a days work..."
Rodrigo: "Is supposedly following this air-ducts we cant miss it."
Hesh: "Good job bro! You still have the scout drone right?"
Rodrigo: "Yep! Right here!"
Rodrigo deployed the scouting drone and it soon activated a micro camera which Rodrigo controlled from his wrist watch.
Rodrigo: "Well... i can see we've got hostiles...."
Vela: "How many?"
Rodrigo: "U-uummm.."
Hesh: "Less than a dozen!"
Rodrigo: "thanks bro!"
Hesh gave Rodrigo a thumbs up which he returned smiling.
Vela: "their equipment?"
Hesh: "it seems electronic powered we can throw an emp in there and..."
Rodrigo: "Already on it!"
Rodrigo touched a few buttons digitalized on the screen and soon the drone went off-line.
Vela and Yono: "Huh?"
Yono: "What was that?"
Rodrigo: "Its an E.M.P charge that was embedded within the drone, a strike of genius from me if i can be so modest."
Yono: "Good job,"
Vela: "Alright team... on three..."
Vela made a count down with the motion or her paws and once she reached zero you blasted the door to the generator room open, and the squad stormed the area.
Yono: "Specter 4: clear!"
Rodrigo: "Specter 6: clear!"
Zahira: "Specter 7: clear!"
You: "Specter 2: clear!"
Vela: "Specter 1: real clear..."
Vela: "Alright lets find a way to shut this down... Zahira, Yono and Rodrigo see what can be done about it. Hesh and i will cover you!"
Rodrigo: "Roger!"
They went to the control room while you and Vela guarded the entrance to the area.