The threat

Vela: "Mr. president, sir!"
President: "At ease soldier... please take your seats."
Everyone sat down and looked at the president with concern.
President: "I have gathered you here for a national and possibly international threat..."
All the former ghost squad looked surprised; hell, even Mason was astonished and that is something...
President: "Ill give you the details, we have a threat like no other we have ever seen before, remember the monolith that python stole 2 years ago?"
Hesh felt chills down his spine when he heard that name...
Vela: "Yes, sir."
President: "Well, it seems much clearer now her true motivations regarding the monolith.
Ill explain, it seems that when it was activated not only expanded a virus among our kind which is now under control... somehow it seemed to awaken a sleeping giant; the attack on Washington was only the tip of the iceberg for a much gruesome plot..."
President: "Gentlemen, if you are kind enough to follow me..."
The whole squad followed the president to a nearby elevator which led deeper into the pentagon, the president scanned his eye and his finger print on the biometric scanner and proceeded downwards.
President: "Keep in mind that what you are about to see is nothing we are familiarized with, not even the higher commands have seen this only you and me; needless to say, should you spread this information to other contacts you might have, not only will you be terminated but you will be erased clear from all historical records of this nation. So please im risking a lot when i trust you with this."
Then the president proceeded to type in a password and the walls of the room opened to reveal some sort of creature that you had never seen before; not even in your previous home on earth...

The creature was in rage and when it saw you, it went rushing towards you but bounced back as if something pushed it with brutal force then you saw some sort of force field surrounding it which prevented it from escape

Mason: "What the fuck?!?"
President: "This is what our scientists have denominated "cryptid.""
President: "Studies have shown that there was another species before us thousands of billions of years ago this species, according to our research task force do not looked like the cryptids but instead pretty much like you Hesh back when you first arrived. This species had a brain capacity average usage of 250% making them completely psychic entities; we are talking about psychic mind control, can cause hallucinations and are even able to transform anyone into a sleeper agent and we wouldnt even know at least not at plain sight.
Please before proceeding any further i need you to take a test its simple and this will be your routine from now on whilst fighting this new enemy...
And im guessing your not gonna like it..."
Vela: "Why...? If you dont mind me asking sir?"
President: "There is only one individual so far in our entire species who can counter the psychic abilities to mind control someone; not to mention the only one inmune to this tactic..."
You felt again shivers down your spine while imagining who would that be...
President: "Oh and Hesh i want to have a word with you in private once we are done here."
Hesh: "Y-yes sir!"
Once you finished talking with the president and took the test which consisted on injecting a way too familiar liquid in your arm, you went to a private room with te president and he began to speak.
President: "Hesh, im well aware of your previous home, and i know it wasnt easy not to mention impossible saying goodbye to your loved ones before you ended up here. I..."
Hesh: "I-im sorry mr president but what does this have to do with our current situation?"
President: "I was hoping to hear that question... id like to introduce... better yet; reintroduce you to the key to ensure this whole operation's success..."
???: "May i come in?"
You petrified when you heard that voice... one that you hadnt heard in a long time...
You/Hesh: "You stay the fuck over there!"
You approached the mysterious feller and touched his shoulder, needless to say you were scared shitless to be honest as you thought the stranger was a ghost...
???: "Wh-what a way of saying i missed you, brother..."
The mysterious feller turned out to be the scientist who had travelled with you to the teleporting facility, the one that activated the portal, the one who sacrificed his life to save yours... your brother...
You: "R-rodrigo?"
Rodrigo: "Its been so long brother..."
He said with tears in his eyes...
You began to tear up and hugged him as tightly as possible.
You: "RODRIGOO!!!"
Rodrigo: "H-hesh please your embarrassing me... but i missed you. I thought i had travelled to another timeline... i though i lost you..."
You hugged the Iberian lynx as tight as possible you both stood there crying into each others arms.
You: "H-how how is this possible...?"
President: "It all started with your arrival, not long after we let you free from our rehabilitation facility, we found him beaten pretty badly not to mention he had bite marks all over his body but thanks to you and your squad we were able to find a cure for the "green flu" and he was rehabilitated as well once we took his dna samples, we came to the conclusion that he was indeed your brother..."
You: "Th-thank you..."
Rodrigo: "There, there its okay lil buddy... now come on! We have a world to save and some aliens ass to kick!"

In case you are wondering where did this come from, Rodrigo, is my irl brother i gave him the role of the scientist to give some additional purpose to this story we are all very proud of him as he got a job recently but enough said, i hope you enjoyed this chapter.
"But writer what about the other mysterious individual who could counter the psychics abilities?"
Calm down that will be all explained in the next chapter but something tells me you already have an idea of who it is.
And in case you do know dont spoil it to the ones who dont!
Ill see you in the next chapter...
BUH BYEEEEEE!!!!