In the valley of the fallen

Hesh and the rest of the team, or rather what was left of it, rushed to the evac zone; they had approximately 9 minutes to take shelter or call the evacuation chopper; Zahira was carrying the child and Rodrigo was still in shock while carrying the experimental drill.

Velvela and Hesh where calling evac while Yono and Veronica covered the rushing of the cryptids towards them with whatever they had at hand.

Veronica: "Im running low on ammo!"

Python: "here! ive got a sssspare mag left! make it count!"

Python took out her deagle, after handing Veronica the mag, and took a shot at a scorpion which, if not taken care of could have proven to be a fatal enemy to the team.

Vela: "Come on! we have to keep moving! rendezvous point is just up ahead!"

Hesh: *firing his M1 irons* "brother how are you holding up!?"

Zahira: "He's doing fine!"

Rodrigo: "Don't worry about me just go, move!"

The team soon reached the rendezvous point where the chopper was waiting for them; Zahira helped the child get on board and then helped Rodrigo climb inside after she was on board while Yono, Hesh, Python, Vela and Veronica provided a safe perimeter for the chopper.
Gunner: "Come on everyone, get inside now or get left behind!"
The rest of the squad eventually went inside the chopper and before they knew it they where on their way to the carrier.
Not long after they heard a loud detonation and turned their backs to the noise, knowing they could be blinded by the initial flash.
Not long after they turned to witness the giant mushroom cloud rising over the war zone.

Timeskip

The chopper landed on the USS claimer.
No one, not even Korevyv had anything to say; the team had just lost two valuable members and they couldnt even recover the corpses due to the rush of the situation.
"Ill inform the president about what happened..." Hesh said;
Python: "ill go with you.."
And with that they went to the presidents main command room.
Once they arrived the president dismissed his cabinet and began to talk when only Python and Hesh remained.
President: "ah, Hesh and Python i suppose you have something to report..."
Hesh: "The objective was completed successfully but... Mason and Alexis didnt make it..."
President: "i-im sorry to hear, Hesh ill translate my sorrow to their respective families..."
President: "The nuke was detonated, correct?"
Python: "Affirmative..."
President: "Youve done everything that was asked of you and as for Mason and Alexis ill make sure their families get the money and the medal of honor... also, Hesh: before i forget. Id like to speak with you in private."
Hesh: "Of course sir."
Python left the command room to wait outside.

The president then proceeded to press a button which made an audible beep.

Hesh: "What's that?"

"Better safe than sorry..." The president said.

Then he added while opening a drawer from his desk: "ill tell you something, Hesh... i believe that everything we do, every decision we make has unforseen consequences..."

You remained silent due to the confusion of this speech and and to add to that there was something... off... Allowing him to continue with his speech.

President: "I have been doing some research... about you and our new friends..."

President: "And i found out something really... fascinating. You see, back when you first arrived here... it wasnt mere coincidence that your brother inputted the space-cronal coordinates to this world..."

You: "Wha-? what do you mean sir...?"

President: "It seems the... so called ancient ones have a lot of similarities with your previous species: Bipedal, similar to an ape, walking talking beings... and to top that off our scientists and archeology teams have descifered the monolyth uncovered by python... which reads and i quote... "one individual; thats all it takes; he shall arrive and materialize out of a bue energy sphere; for he is the redeemer, he shall bring the flaming ends upon this world just like it was done in his; he shall smite and purge the impure... and bring us back to life..." you see... the ancient ones have been in this world way before our time, except they never died, they just retreated far into the depths of this world, sleeping waiting until-"