five

"I hate you," I said putting on the apron.

"Oh really?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Is that a bruise?" He pointed towards my neck and I put my hand over it.

"Anyways."

"Your nights about it get worst... or better." He mumbled.

"Why-"

"Hello." I turn to see Lucy smiling at me.

"What can we get you?" Damon asked.

"I would like a vodka soda."

"Coming right up." He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Is that any way to talk to a paying customer?" I walked over to Damon ready to cry.

"We don't have a full house can I go do up my books?"

"Go." He nodded. I left quickly and once in my office I went through my books and receipts trying not to cry.

"Hey."

"Customers aren't allowed back here," I mumbled keeping my head in my book.

"Stella wouldn't mind."

"What do you want Lucy? Newyork is big enough and there are a million other burlesque clubs in this town. And anyways I figured you rather a different form of entertainment."

"What do you know of other forms of entertainment here?"

"I know places." She laughed. "And that's not an invitation for you to hunt down the place I go to stalk me there."

"It wouldn't be hard. You have no friends here, where did you get your info? Damon?" She laughed again. "I'm sure he only knows of corner store... the creepiest place." I didn't lift my eyes. "How's Lilly?" I held my breath. "Bet you thought you were going to upgrade after me. Why do you think I pushed her on you? So I didn't have to worry about 'losing' you to her." She turned to leave and I felt sick, as soon as she left the room I slammed the book closed and put my head in my hands.

"Hey Dolly-" Jade said walking in. "Are you ok?"

"Migraine," I mumbled.

"Do you have any perfume?"

"Yeah, here." I got her the basket to choose from and once she left I did the work I needed to do and as I was about to leave early Damon waved me over.

"I'm slammed, Jake called in sick." I nodded and started helping him make drinks. After a while I noticed Lucy at a table with a group of girls, I looked away but my eyes kept gravitating back to her. She was nibbling in necks and every now and then one of the girls came to get another round, at one point Lucy grabbed her upper arm tightly whispering in her ear before they disappeared toward the bathrooms.

When the crowd died down during one of the performances I grabbed my phone. 'Hey, it's Kit you got my number so where's my half of the deal?'

'Wow, didn't expect you to actually text me. Meet me at the corner of 72nd and greats'

'That wasn't part of the deal.'

'Be a good girl and just meet me there at 10:30' I put my phone in my pocket and knew I should have told Lilly. Once my shift ended I went to my apartment and got changed into a plain black dress with a white t-shirt under it, I looked in the mirror and sighed. Am I really going to meet up with a stranger who 'choked' me a few minutes after we first met? Well, I did sign my soul to the devil just hours after I first met her. If I die oh well. When was the last time I took my pills?

"Well, well, well." I hear as I got out of the cab. "You look beautiful."

"I was going to save your name in my phone in case you kill me but I realized I didn't know it."

"So you think I might kill you and you still came?"

"I live life on the edge what can I say."

"My names Andy." She smiled. "Common." I followed her down the street.