nine

I laid the menus on the tables and as I walked back to the bar I noticed a small handful of people walk in. "Hello, are you here for the event?" I smiled.

"Yep."

"Ok, well we have tables set up around the stage. Take a set and I'll be with you in a minute to get your drinks." They went and sat down as I went back to Damon.

"How are you feelin?" He asked.

"Good."

"Hey." I hear behind me.

"Not so good." I sighed turning around.

"We're closed tonight for an event. Please leave."

"Why would I leave my own event?"

"Your-" I shook my head. "Of course." I took a deep breath and tried to think about anything over than punching Lucy.

"Can I get a Pampero Seleccion 1938?" She smiled. I'm gonna kill her. I grabbed the drink and passed it to her, she stayed by the bar for a second.

"Don't let me keep you from your party." She sighed and walked away. "Why didn't you tell me it was Lucy?"

"Her name wasn't on the paper."

"Who's was?"

"Um, k...."

"Kim?" I snapped.

"Wait." He grabbed his book and looked through it for a second. "Kurt's. Skyler Kurt's."

"Skyler," I mumbled. "Skyler...." why does that sound familiar? I tried to keep my head down and serve drinks to everyone but Lucy, once the girls were done on stage the drinks speed up.

"Hello." A woman smiled leaning on the bar.

"Hi, another?" I asked pointing to her glass.

"Could I get a whisky, anything will do." I nodded and turned to grab a bottle.

"I'll have one of whatever she's having." I passed the glass to the girl.

"You won't like it, it's smoky," I said without thinking, the girl smiled into her glass and glanced at Lucy.

"Ok, well just a glass of something." I gave her a glass of wine and she walked away.

"So your Dolly." The girl said.

"I am." I nodded

"I've heard a lot about you."

"Oh?" I questioned.

"I'm sky, I was Lucy's personal assistant in England." Skyler... the girl I head Lucy having sex with.

"Right." I nodded again.

"Sky." Lucy said walking over. "Jen wants you." Sky waved to me and walked back to their table. "You ok?" She said to me.

"I love meeting your past conquests."

"My past- what?" I rolled my eyes. "You... think I- with Sky? Gross, she's like a sister. Not to mention she's straight."

"I heard you and her fucking once!"

"Your nuts... we've never done anything, ever."

"When you went to Engla- ya know what... forget it." I threw up my hand and walked away going into Damon's office.

"I don't know how you went from loving me to hating me in literally a day and a half."

"Lucy." I sighed as my phone started to ring, I glanced at it to see 'lilly' on the screen.

"Does she know your fucking someone?"

"We... broke up- did you seriously not go through my phone?"

"You think that little of me?" She shook her head.

"Anyways, Is she not curious as to where you are right now?"

"She who?" I rolled my eyes.

"Kim."

"Kim? Kim isn't.... here."

"Not here to celebrate with you? What a shame."

"Why the fuck would you think she's here... or I'm with her?"

"I heard the secret calls and read the texts-"

"Oh, ok so because you went through my phone you think I'd go through yours." She nodded.

"I didn't go through your phone I picked it up by mistake and seen the messages. Anyways just go back to your whores I'm sure they're missing you. Also, I'm sorry she couldn't make it."

"Dolly why the hell would I want her here at the party I'm throwing for getting rid of her... have you been keeping up on your pills?"

"Getting rid of her?" I asked.

"Yes. I was only talking to her to get her out of my life, she owned 3% of my publishing company and I was fixing the building for her so she would agree to buy my 97%. I've sold it and now I have absolutely no strings to her, I thought we were getting serious and I didn't want you finding out I still had any connection to her."