eight

"I don't like change," Andy said as I walked her to the door.

"Ok?"

"Are you free tonight? For a date?"

"So I'll fall under that dating category?"

"Well, it wasn't at the club that we had sex." I smiled at her.

"I work tonight."

"When you get your phone back text me the address and when you'll be off." She kissed me lightly. "Have a good day Mia Bella."

"You can call me Dolly."

"Bella suites you better." She said walking down the steps. I closed the door and smiled to myself the sighed, if only I didn't have to be an idiot and leave my phone at the club... it would have been perfect.

Once I was showered and dressed I was anxious to get my phone back, I don't trust Lucy. A knock on the door made me jump, speak of my devil. "Good morning." She smiled.

"Can I have my phone?" I held out my hand.

"Here you go." She passed it to me and I instantly unlocked it.

"No messages, a one-night stand really?"

"It's none of your business, and no it's not. We're going on a date tonight thank you very much. Goodbye." I closed the door and sighed. I went to the kitchen and turned on the kettle, just as they finished boiling my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"So, change of plans," Damon said.

"There was an event planned for Sunday but it's changed to tonight."

"An event?" I asked.

"A private party, Stella didn't tell you?"

"No, but I guess that's the sale in the book for five grand."

"Yeah, that's the down payment. It's a pretty big event- so you don't have to come in till eight buy you'll be here till like 3 or 4."

"Fuck, alright."

"Have plans?"

"Bye Damon." I pressed end and texted Andy.

'Got my phone back, there an event tonight and I would be done till like 3 am. So we'll have to change our date.'

'Damn, I was looking forward to seeing you.'

'Me too... I'm sorry I didn't tell you my real name."

'Well, we didn't exactly talk a whole lot 😏'

'True ☺'

'Are you working tomorrow 👀'

'No 🤭'

'How bout I take tomorrow off and pick you up for breakfast'

'Breakfast?'

'Late breakfast, maybe some ☕,🥐,🥞,🧇?'

'Definitely 🧇' I sent then laid my phone down and sighed.

I walked into work with a target bag on my arm and Damon walked over to me. "How's it goin?"

"Good."

"Your smiling." I quickly stopped and he laughed rolling his eyes. "So, you back with Lucy?"

"No." I rolled my eyes.

"A new girl?"

"You really wanna talk about my love life?" I asked.

"Well, for the first time since you started working you weren't excited to work late."

"I had a date tonight, but we are going out tomorrow instead."

"So you found someone." He nodded.

"We went on one date."

"And you like her already."

"Shut up." I said going into the back room. I restocked some of the stuff in the girls' baskets and the small kitchen, Stella walked in and looked stressed. "You good?"

"No. Top shelve booze stresses me out."

"Why?"

"Drunk people equals touchy-feely."

"Is it a birthday?"

"It was just classified as a party." I nodded and went to the bar.

"I'm just trying to make friends with you and you being happy is a good look on you."

"I know I'm just not used to people being nice."

"I am a dick but sometimes I'm a nice one."

"Well, never met a dick I liked." I smiled and he laughed.

"I'm going to give you a list of top shelf and can you go out back and print up some menu slips to put on the table.'

"Ok." I grabbed a pad and pen.

"Vodkas are Gery goose VX, Deaths door, and Beluga. Tequilas are, Don Julio, El Jimador and T1. Rum is, Santa Theresa, Cacique 500, Pampero Seleccion 1938. And finally, wines are 2015 Behrens Family ‘Cemetery’ and 2017 Seven Stones."

"Ok, and I'll add a note that they can check at the bar for more options."

"In very small print. Nothing on that list is less than 26 dollars a glass."

"Jesus Christ." I mumbled.

"Rich people are dumb." He said as I walked to the back office.