✍Prince Edrin

One year later

Kira:

'The prince is coming!', Someone yelled from somewhere in the market.

Took us by surprise because we rarely ever received visits from members of the royal family. 

"Ah! I would love to see him!". Screamed Lila.  "Is my dress alright?".  She asked Bianca and me as she observed her yellow gown.

"It's just fine, Lee, take it easy".  I laughed.

"Ugh, you can't be serious, Lila, I thought you had outgrown this Prince Edrin nonsense".  Bianca, ever so ready for an argument.

"It is not nonsense! You are jealous because I have found my true love and he is a prince!". 

"Lila, you are so delusional, why would a prince even notice any of us".  Bianca countered.

"Stop it, you two. Lee, I am happy for you... Bee and I will go with you where ever you want".  As always, I played the mediator.

"I don't know about you, but my mother needs me to be home before evening, so count me out, Kee".

"I don't even want you to come!".   Lila snapped back. Oh, dear.

Again, Bianca argued back; "Your Prince Edrin is no match for his brother, Prince Jared. I have heard about him, the best fighter in the country, he has brought great men to their knees with his intelligence and strength. He is the most handsome man in Verthona".

"Have you ever seen him in person?" I asked, trying to contain my laughter.

"Well, not yet, but one day, I will--". 

"You are already fantasising about him! You and Lee are no different".

"Don't compare me with this crazy girl--"

"I have warned you not to call me crazy!"

"Stop it. Bee, apologize to Lee, now"

"Fine, I am sorry". 

We hugged each other. Since Lila was obsessed with meeting the prince, we followed her to the market to see if he would pass by. Sadly, he did not after we waited for long.

"I am hungry".  I confessed, Bianca seconded, and we convinced Lila to come with us. The so-called prince was not coming...

***

The sweet smell of brewing beverages and sizzling eggs hit our nostrils in nothing short of a pleasant way as we stepped into our favourite tea shop named, 'le Coeur du Konland'  (the heart of Konland).

  The shop owner, Madame Aimée is a beautiful, plump French woman with a strong French accent. Her elegance, perfectionism and the way she carries herself is second to none. She has grey eyes and a large, pointed nose with the voice of an angel and the warmth of a mother.

  The tea shop was a little smaller than a normal restaurant but had a lovely, playful and happy ambience, and the paintings and decorations on the wall could make you feel like you are in Paris.

My favourite of the paintings is that of a little girl watching the sunset.

*
  We took our seats at the table closer to the kitchen since the shop was already packed up with customers. Lila took the seat across the table, opposite Bianca and me.

One of the waiters came over to our table.     Jacques, Madame Aimée's only son, smartly dressed in a white shirt tucked in black trousers and a black apron tied over his outfit, with a jotter and pen in his hand for writing down orders, quickly walked over to our table.