✍Revived

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

The wind blowing, it soothed her soul.
       The sun shining, it warmth her body.
            The river flowing, it cooled her heart.

Sitting on the green carpet grass, looking out to the horizon, she couldn't be happier. Adding to her joy, was the feeling of seeing her father again. Together they both sat down on the green grass and looked toward the edge of the world they were in.
A playing child beside her, this was the feeling she hoped for. The desire to hold her son in her arms, to watch him grow. Now she was getting to have that. The world behind long forgotten...

"Father, I am happy that I get to hug you again. This place is better than where we used to be".
Face brightened with the smile of a child while she held on to him as if he would disappear.

"I am happy I get to hug you too, my precious daughter. But this place is for people like me, people who have reached their destination. Not for you child".
He neither smiled nor looked at her face. Just maintained a serious countenance.

" I do not understand father".
Curiosity laced in every word.

"Your time is not up yet. You must go back and fulfil the mission for which you were made. As I have fulfilled mine".
Still looking straight ahead at the sun that never sets.

"But father, what mission did you fulfil?" Still confused about all her father said.

That was when he turned his face to hers, looking deep into her eyes, he replied,
"Being your father was my greatest mission on earth".

This brought tears to her eyes, and she hugged him again.
" I don't want to go, I don't want to leave you and my son! You mean the world to me! I won't go".
She cried on her father's shoulders.

"Goodbye Kira".

The next thing she saw was her father and her son on the other side of the light, waving at her, It felt unreal and real at the same time. Soon, they seemed far away and she felt like she was being pulled back against her will, away from the world she so wanted to be in.

"Father!!"
She said out loud.

When she opened her eyes, the environment was a lot different from where she used to be.

'Where am I?', she asked in her mind.

The dark room did not resemble the sunny place she had spent her time in.
She noticed the candle stand beside the small bed she was lying on. The woods that make up the walls were already food for termites as there were lots of holes in them.

Suddenly she noticed a presence in the room, whoever it was had been there long before she gained consciousness. So she strained her stiff neck to turn to her left, there she saw a silhouette.
She squinted her eyes to get a better view of this human, the face she saw was one she never expected...

JARED'S POINT OF VIEW

I received word of the latest happenings at the capital from my trusted source and friend, Kade. I perceived it to be the work of my enemies, they have found their way into the castle and are trying to ruin me from the inside. Poor Kira had to be their scapegoat, I was angry with myself for not having known this sooner. Maybe I would have saved her from facing such shame and humiliation for a sin she did not commit. But what if that was what they wanted me to do, try to save her and walk into their trap. No, I would have to find another way to handle this.

Leaving Kade in my place, pretending to be me by covering his face and claiming to have caught the flu, I rode alone to Konland, taking the secret paths my men and I discovered. Until I reached on that fateful night at the White River. I was too late, for she was already beaten to death and tossed into the river like a piece of meat. I cannot describe the heaviness my heart felt witnessing such a scene despite having killed many in battles.
I followed her body as it flowed with the river, until I reached a place where I was sure no one would see me. I jumped into the flowing water and rescued the body of my beloved. The least I could do was to give her a proper burial and seek vengeance on those who caused her death...Myself included.