✍A sick twist

King Grayson almost jumped out of his seat when he received the disturbing news from his panicking soldier...

"What?!" He asked.

"Konland, as well as its neighbouring villages, have been attacked by unknown men, Your Majesty".
Responded the still fidgeting soldier.

" Leave now". He ordered.
The soldier left hurriedly.

Grayson was left alone in his study, he never expected that anyone would challenge his Kingdom, not after attaining the title of being the strongest nation of their time.

Suddenly, the door was pushed open, an action that startled him greatly. But not until he saw his best friend and confidant, Minister Franklin rush in with a troubled look on his face.

" Your Majesty, I assume you have received news of the most unfortunate calamity that has befallen our people in the last forty-eight hours".
He says as he takes a seat opposite the King.

King Grayson buries his head in his large palms and sighs heavily, He was becoming balder by the day. When he lifted his eyes back up to his friend, there was an angry look in them.

"You deceived me into having Jared executed all because you were sure that we would not encounter situations like this!!".

Raising his voice at the end of the sentence while smacking the table with his hands to prove how annoyed he was.

"I never knew about all this, your Majesty. I promise to fix it. Our men are all assembled awaiting your command. Even Prince Edrin is...".

" Don't you dare send my son into such an uncertain battle, you started this, fix it! Edrin is not Jared, I cannot afford to lose him, send word to him and have him locked away in his room". Grayson ordered his friend.

"As you wish, your Majesty". Minister Franklin bowed and left.

That night, Edrin was made to stay back, and for the first time, he felt utterly useless. As future King, he knew it was his duty to protect his people. He was angry with his father so much so that he refused to see him.

Princess Beatrice was sent by the Queen to go help lighten his mood, but that proved to be a bad idea when he pushed her unremorsefully out of his room.

After hours of rage and destruction of everything in his private chamber, he requested the presence of his beloved, Kira.

Kira walked into the chamber, a little disgusted by its untidy state. When she came within his line of sight, he got up from his seat and almost hopped like a rabbit to embrace her in a bear hug.
Kira could smell the rum in his breath and knew that she had to be careful with every single word she would say.

He did not waste a second in finding comfort in his wife's arms, for an hour later, he was sleeping soundly in her arms on his bed. She knew the effect she had on him and she was going to use that to her advantage.

***

Franklin and Beatrice were in their secret meeting place, it broke his heart to see his daughter almost crying her brains out for a good for nothing Prince.

"He rejected me and called for her!! I will never forgive him for this action I swear it uncle Derek. I will ruin them, especially that tramp! She is taking him away from me!".
Beatrice was not one to be desired when she cried. Her father knew he needed to console her before she ruins everything.

"My little one, please stop crying, we have enough problems as it is. Someone else has hijacked our plans of destroying this kingdom and we have to find a way to take it back from them".
He tried to distract her mind.