Pt. 2

How we met part two!

"Wait. What happened again when you called me?" Meredith asked before they got out of bed. Derek laughed and smiled, leaning back into the pillow.

"Well..."

- 2009, Seattle-

Meredith had gotten back home about a week ago. She lived in a small apartment on the Main Street but by the docks where the ferry boats where. It was almost always raining in Seattle, which made her stay inside and do nothing, other than journaling and drinking tea.

Almost every day she thought about Derek. It was stupid because he probably didn't even remember her number.

She sat on her sofa, reading a book called 'twisted love' she was almost finished it but loved it. As a cup of tea sat in her hands, she listened to the rain drops hit her window beside her.

'They both stood there in the rain, counting the drops that fell on each other's lips as their eyes fixated on each other' she read a paragraph out loud.

She smiled and set her tea down on a table beside her, standing up with the book and walking over to her desk to grab a pair of scissors and cut the message out. She took a pin and stamped it down to her bulletin board.

As she set her book down to go get into her pajamas, she heard a faint knock at her door. She stopped everything and listened closely, before hearing it again.

*knock*

She turned on her desk lamp to illuminate the room, running over to her door and looking through the peep hole. She gasped when she saw who it was. He was here. He was really standing outside her door.

She un latched the lock at the top of her door and opened it just enough so they could see each other.

"Meredith..." he sighed and smiled. She stared at him blankly, not know what to say. "Derek..." she whispered and smiled. She opened the door more, revealing her wearing a pair of satin shorts and a button up top in the color baby blue.

"I- uhh... come in" she scratched the back of her head and moved aside for the muscular man to make his way into her apartment. He stepped in and took off his soaking wet leather jacket, hanging it on the coat rack beside him.

"You didn't call..." she spoke in a soft tone. He turned around to meet her eyes. "That's because I was too busy trying to find you" he smiled, making her feel all warm inside.

Her cheeks turned red as she walked into her kitchen. "Do you uh... want something?" She asked and opened the fridge.

"Got any scotch?" He asked. She smiled and nodded her head, taking out the crystal glass bottle and two glasses. She brought one to him and kept one to herself as they both sat on the couch.

"So... how have you been Meredith?" He smiled at her name. She giggled and set her drink in her lap.

"Well I finally found my friends. And I came home and have just been sitting here... reading" she sighed and smiled. Derek flashed her a smile and moved his wet curls to the side. "How about you?" She took a sip of the golden colored liquid, tasting the strong buzz it carried.

"As soon as you left I started looking for you." He quickly replied. She stared into his ocean eyes and already felt so safe.

She sighed and looked down, playing with the rim of her glass. "This is a nice place" he looked around, letting his eyes land on her desk that had an assortment for papers, markers, stickers, and post its.