Job offer

Meredith stood at the kitchen counter, chopping up different things for dinner as the twins sat and blabbed in their high chairs.

She looked over to the front foyer when the door opened then slammed shut.

She winced and heard stomping up the stairs. She knew then that Derek obviously had a rough day at work.

"Ahhh!" Ollie started crying and threw his apple sauce. Meredith walked over to him and picked him up, wiping his face and hands and rocking him.

"Did that big noise scare you little guy?" She cooed at rocked him as his face turned red.

"Oh I know... being a baby is so tuff isn't it" she smiled and kissed his hand. He finally calmed down and put him back, putting the babies in their playroom and walking upstairs to Derek's office.

She knocked on the door lightly, herring him softly say "come in"

She opened the door and saw him at his desk, going through papers.

"Hey... I heard you come in. Well- not really because the door slammed and I didn't see you- then Ollie started crying so I had to soothe him then I thought I'd come see what's up" she rambled and looked at the floor.

Derek smirked and stood up, walking over to her, placing his hand on her jaw and one hand on her waist.

She looked up at him and bit her lip as he pressed her against his desk.

He leaned in, his breath on hers, before he looked down and backed away, sitting back down.

"One of my staff quit today" he said and put his head in his hands. Meredith sighed and walked behind him, running her hands through his thick hair.

"Now I know where Ollie gets his hair" she muttered to herself.

"Well can't you hire new staff?" She asked.

"No, there's a long tiring process because of security reasons." He sighed and laid his head on the desk.

"Well then hire me" she said without thinking of what she was saying.

Derek's eyes opened and he looked at her.

"Seriously?" He smiled small.

"Well... all the kids go to school and day care... and I have nothing to do for another 7 months until baby is here- so why not" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh baby thank you thank you" he grabbed her and kissed her deeply. She giggled and kissed him back.

"So.... When do I start?" She asked.

"Well... you come into my office for a meeting. And I decide if you're a good fit" he smiled and kissed her neck.

"Did I just make you really happy" she smiled and felt what was pressed against his thigh.

"Shut up" he smiled and lifted her on the desk.

——

5 am.

Derek woke up like usual and showered, getting dressed and calling his driver all before Meredith woke up.

Her interview with him wasn't until 10, so he was going into work without her then she would meet him there.

"Good morning baby... I'll see you later. I love you" he whispered and kissed her head. She nodded and he left, getting in his car and driving to his office.

——

Meredith woke up at 7, getting the kids on the bus and taking Ollie and Allie to daycare. She showered and got dressed, putting on a tight black pencil skirt with a white button up tucked into the skirt. Her hair was down and curled, and her usual light makeup on.