Gala

Today was a big day. It was the annual gala for all leaders to be at. It was held every year at the grand hall in Seattle.

Meredith was always really excited for this time of year. She loved getting dressed up and meeting some of Dereks former leaders. This year her dress was plain but still very gorgeous. It was black velvet with a long v-neck and two beautiful slits up the sides.

The kids where being looked after by the babysitter.

"You ready to go darling?" Derek walked in and was fastening his watch, not looking at Meredith.

"I am... you look very handsome" she smiled and grabbed her clutch, walking towards him and kissing his cheek. He looked up and stopped, scanning her body with a smirk.

"Absolutely gorgeous my love" he kissed her and took her hand. They walked out and saw the babysitter playing with Ellis. Zola and Bailey where on the ps4 and Ollie and Ellis where in bed.

"Thank you Carla. Please help yourself to our kitchen. Ellis can be a little hard to put down but she will go down eventually. And feel free to invite a friend over. We will be back" she kissed her children and waved them off.

Meredith and Derek stepped into their Cadillac Escalade and started driving. They arrived a little while later and got out, a valet took their car.

They walked in hand in hand and Derek saw some of his leaders and walked over to them with Meredith.

"Gentlemen" he shook all their hands. They all gave Meredith a kiss on the cheek. "I heard you two welcomed another boy into the family" the men cheered and clapped their hands.

"Yes we had twins, Oliver and adalyn" Meredith smiled and looked at Derek. Derek shook their hands again and they continued talking.

A little while later Meredith walked off to the buffet to get some food. She grabbed a napkin and put a brownie on it.

"More stunning than ever" a man came up behind her and gently kissed her cheek. She jumped and turned around to see Carlos, Derek assistant.

"Oh... you scared me. But thank you" she smiled and took a bite. She glanced over at Derek who looked at her.

"Excuse me but I have to go see my husband" she smiled and walked past him. He stuck his arm out and pulled her back.

"You know Meredith.... Derek is an asshole. He treats me like shit. Do you really want to be with a man who treats his workers like that?" Carlos asked and pulled her close.

"I- I have to go" she tried leaving again but his grip was firm. "Come on Meredith... I know you. You know me. We aren't strangers" he flashed her a devilish grin. She gulped.

"Carlos... what's going on?" Derek came up and put his hand on Meredith's back. She stepped back and went into Dereks embrace.

"Derek! Wonderful that you could make it. Meredith and I where just... catching up" he smiled at Derek.

Derek looked down at Meredith. She looked at him, signaling that Carlos was lying. "Why is my wife scared Carlos?" Derek and and moved Meredith behind him.

"Look. You and I both know that your a lying prick. I was just catching her up." He gritted his teeth. Derek stepped forward.

"Carlos why are you doing this?" Derek asked calmly. Carlos just laughed and reached into his pocket, pulling out a knife and pinning it to Dereks abdomen.

"I've never gotten one thing! Everything I did... everything! Was for you!" Derek looked behind him and saw Meredith who was being taken away by one of the other leaders that Derek trusted.