66

Three Days Ago

Camie led Bakugo through the streets of the busy city without care. Beside her, he walked with his hands in his pockets, his shirt unbuttoned too much, not leaving room for a tie.

"Have you been here before? You seem to know your way around," Camie laughed, a bit giddy.

Katsuki's mind seemed to be on other things though. Maybe his school work or training he should've been focusing on rather than hanging out with some girl.

"Mhm," He hummed, not really listening to her in the first place.

The sounds of cars passing by, people talking in the street, the sun beating down on them, it was all a bit distracting. Of course, as Camie skipped a few steps ahead of him, he took a look at her legs again.

Getting an idea, he stopped dead in his tracks, his shoes causing friction against the side-walk. His eyes drifted to the alleyway on his right, the busy street on his left.

Ahead of him, Camie halted too, talking about something else he wasn't exactly keen on listening to.

"Hey," He called, causing her to turn around. She stopped and put a finger to her chin in confusion as her little city-adventuring companion was staring down the alley. "Thought I heard something,"

The way he spoke wasn't very convincing, but just before he started to walk into that more secluded area, he met Camie's gaze, made a 'tch' sound, and yelled, "Could be some kind of villain, hurry up, would ya!?"

"Oh, right!" She exclaimed, running after him as he disappeared between the two buildings.

She'd spent a few days observing Bakugo, trying to get closer to him and Todoroki. First thing she noticed was he was very passionate about hating villains, fighting, getting to engage in combat. Also, he was pretty keen on getting good grades, getting quiet and cranky if anyone bothered him during class.

But he never took an interest in her. Whenever other girls from their extra classes and other schools would try to get his number he'd ignore them completely or just tell them to fuck off.

As she walked into that alleyway, she was a bit curious as to why he suddenly took so much interest in her.

"Bakugo?" She called, wondering where he was hiding. There were a few crates, a dumpster, a turned corner so he must've been hiding or something, being playful maybe? "Where'd you go?"

But Camie wasn't just there to play. From the line of her skirt she took out a little needle device that jingled against her uniform. Smiling as she carefully prowled in, the girl who wasn't Camie at all licked the underside of her teeth in excitement as she held her little weapon in a fist.

"Did you run away?" Toga called, "We were having so much fu-"

Her words were interrupted as a hand clamped down on her throat without warning, slamming her back into the building, another grasp at her wrist. Suddenly, she felt like she couldn't breath, couldn't move. And as her body felt helpless from the pressure, Camie's face disappeared into Toga's.

The look in Bakugo's glowing red eyes as he used his power to blast the needle out of her hand could've killed her alone.

"I knew it," He snarled, his voice deeper than ever, the growl at the end of his words warning her that if she so much as moved, he'd blow her to hell.

Toga let out a little wincing sound as her fingertips burned from his explosion, her needle falling to the ground, clicking against the concrete.

Something she never took into consideration while impersonating Camie all these days was that even if it was her job to get information, there were others just as deceptively observant.