𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐈𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐁𝐞- 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧

••••Grab yourselves a snack and relax

••••Grab yourselves a snack and relax. This is going to be a long one!••••

**Y/N's POV**

"What's with that look on your face? Are you alright?" My cousin Drew asked as he handed me a beer and sat down on the opposite side of the couch. "I don't know what the fuck I'm feeling if I'm being completely honest with you man," I replied as I popped the top of the beer off and took a big swig of it. "Why what happened?" I pointed to the living room table at what had my mind all over the place all day since I opened the envelope. Drew picked it up and read over it before he gave me a sympathetic look.

'Together with their family, Vanessa Morgan Mziray & Michael Talbert Kopech invite you as they celebrate their wedding day.'

"I'm sorry cuz, I know this is super tough on you" Drew said as he sat down the card on the table. "I wish I would have been able to fucking tell her exactly how I felt about her but you know me. I never wanted to do anything that put our friendship in jeopardy. I honestly could give zero fucks about Michael right now but Vanessa means everything to me." I said as I took another big drink from the beer bottle.

Seeing the woman you loved getting ready to marry someone you know damn well doesn't deserve her is the toughest pill I've had to swallow in a long time. Vanessa and I had been friends for close to six years now all in thanks to my cousin Drew who introduced us to each other. He was cast in Riverdale where he met Vanessa who was also on the show. When they first started filming he told me how amazing of a friend she was and how much he thought we would get along. I flew out to Canada before I had to report for spring training to spend two months with my cousin and that's when I met Vanessa.

He was right in how well we got along. We were both shy at first but spending every day together after that it was easy for us to develop a friendship. When I had to fly to Arizona spring training it was tough leaving my cousin behind of course but leaving Vanessa behind was super tough for me. Seeing someone daily for two months made it easy for some type of feelings to develop in my case.

I've been signed to the Chicago White Sox as their catcher since 2014. When I was drafted into the MLB people couldn't believe a woman was officially playing professional baseball. I had so many people doubt my abilities but I've been able to prove them wrong every step of the way. I've never been one who speaks out in the media or argues with people. I've simply always let my talent do the talking for me.

In 2016 Michael Kopech was traded to the team and as someone who had been with the franchise for a while at that point, I felt like it was my job to show him the ropes of how things worked with our team. With Michael being a pitcher we spent a lot of time together during practice which helped forge a friendship with us off the field too.