𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬- 𝐊𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐢

**Y/N's POV**

**Y/N's POV**

I close my eyes for a few moments before taking a nice deep breath. My heart is beating erratically within my chest as it always does before the gates open. I ensure the rope is wrapped around my hand before slapping my hand a few times. I fix my hat with my free hand and take one final deep breath before giving them the signal.

The gate opens and the beast that I'm strapped onto begins bucking violently my free hand waves in the air with each movement. I could hear the yells and screams of everyone in the crowd cheering my name.

Seconds on the back of each beast I've ridden feel like years at times. I hear the buzzer go off and just as I'm about to jump off the bull he makes a sudden change in movement and the last thing I remember is a blood-curdling scream before everything goes black.

**Time Skip 1 Year**

"Everything is looking good Y/N I'm happy with the progress you've made in physical therapy. And with Austin giving me his approval I think it's time I've given you the go-ahead with training again."

Hearing those words come from my doctor filled me up with so much happiness more than I've had in the last year since my accident.

Thinking back to that night is still a little fuzzy at some points but when a bull that weighs more than fifteen hundred pounds lands right on top of you it's a pretty much guarantee that you'll end up with broken bones.

In my case, I had a few bones in my back, my leg, my neck, a few ribs, and my arm was broken. It's taken months of physical therapy to finally be back to where I was before the accident.

Bull riding has been in my blood ever since I was a little girl. It's not something you see very many women take seriously but I've always been different in all aspects of my life.

My mom met my stepdad, Hayes, when I was three years old and he was as cowboy as it got. He had a small ranch when he met my mom but once they married they bought the ranch my mom and I currently live on. I remember on my tenth birthday my mom and stepdad bought my first horse Spirit and that was it for me. I was hooked on the lifestyle.

I watched Hayes ride bulls every weekend in the summer. Many of his friends came to the ranch to practice on our mechanical bull Hayes had set up near the barn. The atmosphere was addicting.

When I was old enough Hayes taught me everything I know about riding bulls much to my mom's wishes. But Hayes knew I needed an outlet for everything I kept bottled inside. In my first rodeo, I came in second place in the bull riding contest. Getting that small taste of accomplishment only fueled the fire in me to become the best.