My Christmas Wish- Mallory Pugh🎄

**Y/N's POV**

**Y/N's POV**

"Never thought I'd be happy to be back here," I said as I grabbed my bags off the baggage claim carousel.

This was the first time I'd been home in three years and I didn't know if I'd come back after what happened the last time I came home.

The last time I was back here I left heartbroken and completely crushed. That's when the woman I was still thoroughly convinced was the love of my life and I broke up.

My ex Mallory and I had been together since we were fifteen years old and experienced so much of our firsts together. From the first time she was called up to play for the US Women's National Team to when she was signed to the Washington Spirit.

Our relationship saw its fair share of rough points but the incredible moments we shared outweighed the bad.

It was tough when she was always gone for camps and training. And when I decided to enlist in the Marines. The look on her face when I broke the news to her would always be burned into my memory.

I did what I thought was the best thing for me. I knew Mallory was going to do huge things in soccer. It had been pretty evident from the first time I met her that she outshined everyone else.

But I on the other hand had no idea what I was going to do with my life. Once graduation day inched closer and closer that's when I spoke to my parents and told them what had been on my mind.

They weren't too fond of me joining the military but eventually came around to the idea.

Leaving my family but more importantly, Mallory behind for basic training was the hardest thing I had ever had to do in my life up until that point. Their letters are what got me through basic training if it weren't for that I think I would have called it quits.

Graduation day for me was incredible just because I got to have my girlfriend in my arms again. We got to spend ten days together before I had to go back for MOS training for fifty-two days and that was so hard.

I saw a lot of my Marine friends' relationships break down after being gone for so long and I was scared shitless that that's what would happen with Mallory and me. But she stood beside me and supported me just like I had with her.

After I was completely done with training I soaked in every single second I could with Mallory and my family.

When I found out I was going to be stationed in Australia it was like the hits just kept coming but Mallory and I did everything we could do to keep our relationship on track.