𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞- 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧

**Y/N's POV**

**Y/N's POV**

"On tonight's show, we'll be joined by one of the newest yet biggest names in the WNBA and she was just announced to be joining the US Women's basketball team Y/N Y/LN!" James Corden announced as I was backstage putting the finishing touches on my outfit. When my stylist was finished with my tie I popped a few mints into my mouth before my stylist sprayed me with my favorite fragrance before a sound man came and clipped a mic to my tie.

I was led to the stage and waited for my cue "please welcome Y/N Y/LN!" I walked on stage waving to the audience before I hugged James and then sat down. "Welcome to the show," James said as he took his seat "thank you for having me" I replied as I unbuttoned my jacket.

"So this is your first year in the WNBA you were drafted to the Seattle Storm how does it feel to be a professional basketball player now?"

"It's wild when you grow up and you fantasize about that becoming a reality so for it to work out is incredible. I'm on a team with a legend like Sue Bird who has taken me under her wing. It's just been an amazing journey so far." I replied.

"When you announced you were going into the draft people tried outting you for a condition you were born with. And you then gave an interview with Gayle King about it and you were met with a lot of backlash because of it. How did you deal with that?"

"When I first heard people were trying to out me I was honestly really hurt by it just because I've always tried to do my best with keeping myself away from drama. I always try to be the best person possible and treat everyone with respect so for someone to go and do something like that made me angry. I couldn't change the condition I was born with even if I wanted to make it clear that I never would if I could. But to make this huge deal about something like that is ridiculous. I wanted to do the interview so I could make people more aware of my condition and not allow anyone to bastardize me for being different."

"I think you handled it amazingly. For those that don't know, could you tell them the condition you have?" James asked. "I was born intersex which means that from the waist up I have female anatomy and from the waist down I have male anatomy."

"Did you ever run into people that treated you differently because of your condition?"

"I did lose some friends because of it. When I was old enough to date I had girlfriends who only wanted to be with me to experiment with and when I found out their intentions I cut the relationship off. It hurt a lot to know people only wanted to be with me because of that and not because I was a good person. But it's made me a stronger person now. I just use those times as lessons learned."

"Now you're not only playing for the Storm but you were just announced on the roster for the women's Olympic team. How does that feel?"