Chapter 3: People

They didn't look entirely friendly.
One had long, blonde hair with blue eyes. He wasn't the tallest out of the three, but he was definitely their leader. He had a green and white striped bucket hat. He wore a dark green Shihakusho, over it a black haori. On his back, he had large wings. They were almost like Tommy's, but there were noticeable differences, like the size (the man's was much larger) and the color (the man's was a shade of purple).
On his right stood the tallest of the three. He had a light grey skin, fluffy brown hair and black eyes. He wore a yellow sweater, black jeans and a dark red beanie on his head. He wore golden circle glasses. But the surprising thing about the man was the fact that he was see through, like a ghost.
Looking at him gave her a kind of feeling of Deja Vu. It was mixed feelings that she couldn't work out just yet.
The third was short. Much shorter than a normal person, but that didn't bother anyone. But what confused Niki was the fact that he was a fox.
He was a humanoid fox. His eyes were always shut, but he seemed to be able to see, which made no sense to Niki, but today had been pretty confusing in itself. He wore a white shirt with colored stripes, kind of like Scott's, a black jacket and black pants. On his head he wore a black hat with gold buttons on it.
Together they were a bunch of misfits and didn't really make sense togather, but considering they were all holding weapons she figured she shouldn't underestimate them. Tommy, Scott and her were just a confusing.
"Ey, get back here you little-" the one with the yellow sweater yelled (he had a British accent), but the leader put his hand up.
"You guys are insane!" Tommy yelled.
The leader stared at Tommy, then at Scott. None of them could see Niki since she was in the water, which she hoped would work in her favor.
"Who do you have with you?" The leader asked. He had a British accent as well.
Scott looked between everyone and glanced at Niki, obviously wanting to know what to do, but Niki just shook her head.
"Umm, it's- just me...?" Scott tried.
"Phil, I'm tired of waitingggggg, can we just get them already? The kid got on my nerves!" The fox said to the leader. He had a Dutch accent.
Phil shook his head. "Kid, just give us our coal back. Then we'll leave you alone."
Scott turned quickly to Tommy, who was still hiding behind him. "You stole from them?!"
"I might have left out a few.. minor details?" Tommy said.
Niki sighed. No progress was being made, so she stuck her head out of the water.
She coughed for a second and then looked at the three.
"Um, hi," she tried. They stared at her. "Sorry about him, he'll give you your coal back, won't you Tommy."
Tommy stared at her, as if saying "Of course I won't!"
Niki turned back to the three.
"But we need some help." Niki said.
The ghost-like one stared at her. It was as if he was thinking, trying to find where he'd seen her before.
The one named Phil turned his head. "You want us to help you when this kid stole from us?"
"Hey, alright, you guys have called me a kid multiple times during this conversation, I'm not a kid, please-" Tommy started, but Niki interrupted him.
"We know what he did, but we really need help." She said. "Please."
Scott nodded, and Tommy sighed.
Phil sighed as well. "Fine, come on."
The fox turned to him in protest. "But Phil-!"
Phil turned to him and gave him a kind of glare, then started walking from where they came. The fox ran ahead of him, and the ghost-like one motioned for them to follow.
Niki and Tommy helped Scott up and supported him while following the three.
Niki really hoped that this was the right thing to do, and that it wasn't too far because she was starting to feel very uncomfortable.