Chapter 7: Bonding Expirences

Niki woke up, but she wasn't sure what time it was. She couldn't see the sun because the clouds were still covering the sky in a humid, grey blanket. Thunder still roared, but not as often. The sky didn't light up with lightning as often either.
As usual, she stuck her head above the water. She looked around, but she couldn't see anyone out; that was, until she spotted Fundy.
Fundy was an interesting character to her. He didn't seem to like new people, but other than that she didn't know much about him.
He looked tired, which was strange, because he seemed to sleep as soundly as a, well, fox.
He also looked scared, which surprised her. He was just sitting under a tree, holding his small knees and almost crying.
What?
Niki slowly got out of the water and walked over to him. She didn't feel too terrible because of the rain.
When Fundy saw her, he jumped and put on a defensive face.
"What'd you want, fish girl?" He said harshly.
"What's wrong?" She tried. He wouldn't meet her eyes.
They sat in silence for a minute.
"If you don't want to tell me, thats okay." She got up and started walking back to the water.
"I'm afraid the thunder and lightning, okay?!"
Niki stopped. He was afraid of the storm?
She turned around. He stared at the grass, not looking up. She walked back and sat next to him again.
"The storm scares you?" She said quietly.
He gave her a small nod.
She thought about what to say.
"Well, why didn't you say so?" She said.
He looked up at her, confused.
"You're not... laughing?"
She stared at him. "Why would I laugh at your fear?"
There was silence for a moment.
"Well," she said. "What if we turned it into a game?"
He laughed weakly. "I'm not 5."
"You look it."
They both laughed, and Niki continued.
"Well, let's see..." she thought. How could she turn a fear of storms into a game? "I've got it."
"What?"
"Everytime you see a strike of lightning, you have to ask me a question; same the other way around."
"How do we tell who saw it first?" He looked interested, which Nkki hoped was a good sign.
"You just yell 'Called it!' I guess." She said.
"Oka-"
"Called it!" She said quickly as soon as she saw a strike of lightning.
"But we haven't even started yet!"
"Yes we have." She winked at him. "Now, let's see... who's your favorite person here?"
He scoffed. "None of you idiots." He said. "I prefer the berries."
Niki laughed, but then he caught her off guard.
"Called it!"
"Dang it, you distracted me! Not fair." She pouted.
"Ha-ha, my revenge." He said. "What's your favorite color?"
Niki stared at him. "That's what you ask me?"
"I don't know any good questions!" Fundy said, flustered.
"I quite like yellow." She said. "Called it!"
"Ughh." Fundy groaned.
They continued this game for a while, and Niki slowly got to know Fundy. Once you actually became his friend, he wasn't so bad.
Eventually, the rain stopped. Niki and Fundy went their separate ways, and that meaning going to sleep.

The next day, there were still clouds, but it was much sunnier. Niki stuck her head up as per usual to see what was going on.
The immediate sight she saw was, well, chaotic.
Tubbo was flying in the sky, but he kept hitting tree branches. Ranboo was trying to get him down, but Tubbo would just yell back in protest. Tommy was yelling for Phil, why, Niki had no clue. Fundy was covering his ears, incredibly annoyed, while Wilbur stood from afar watching them in a kind of "This is my only form of entertainment, but I like these people so it's okay" way with a smile on his face.
Meanwhile Scott was laughing at Tubbo and Ranboo, and Phil had his fingers on his temples, looking like he had a giant headache.
Somehow they all had become some kind of mis-match family within the few days of knowing each other.

Soon the night came again. The day had passed way to fast for her, but that was okay. It was a clear night, and Phil had lit up the campfire again. He was also nice enough to move it next to the water so she could hang out with everyone.
It was kind of awkward because everyone was just sitting there, but Tubbo broke the silence.
"What if we sang, like, a campfire song or something?"
"Suuure, TOO-BBO." Tommy replied.
Tubbo gave him a glare.
"Tubbo." He corrected himself.
"That's not a terrible idea, Tubbo." Scott said.
Phil nodded in agreement.
"I know one," Wilbur spoke up. "I don't really know where it's from, but we could try it."
"Sure, how's it go?" Niki said. Wilbur started the first verse.
"I heard there was a special place,"
Fundy's eyes lit up, which Niki could barely tell because of his closed eyes.
"Where men could go and emancipate," Fundy joined in.
"The brutality," Tubbo sang.
"And the tyranny, of their rulers." Tommy joined.
"Well this place is real, you need and fret." Niki sang.
"With Wilbur-" Phil stopped. All of them looked around each other, except for Ranboo, who was very confused and didn't seem to know the song.
"Tommy, Tubbo, and Eret?" Niki said. "But..."
Wilbur shot her a glance, as if to say "We'll talk about this later, change the subject."
"Well do any of us know any other songs?" Niki asked.
Eventually, the group found some songs and told some ghost stories. Then everyone headed off to bed and drifted off to sleep.