Chapter 16: The Truth

Can I ever not wake up dizzy, please.
Niki picked herself up from the ground. It was green grass. There were trees.
She had to admit, she was glad to see something that wasn't red or orange. The air was much cooler than the Nether.
Everyone was starting to get up as well. How long had they been out? Why weren't they surrounded by guards?
Once everyone was awake, she explained that they needed to get to camp.
Jack looked around in awe. He had never seen colors as vibrant as this, or felt air as cool as this. Niki felt terrible for him.
"This place... isn't so bad." He muttered under his breath. Techno slipped a small smile. He seemed happy to be there too.
"Heck yeah it is, now come on stupid. I wanna get back." Tommy said, a mix of annoyance and excitement.
They started walking. Luckily, camp wasn't far from the portal. Tubbo and Ranboo ran over to them when they saw them.
"Niki, TOMMY!" Tubbo yelled as he hugged them. Tommy rolled his eyes, but Niki swore she saw him smile.
"We've been looking for you teo everywhere." Ranboo said. His eyes fell to Jack and Techno. "Who are they?"
Tubbo got out of his hug with Tommy and followed Ranboo's eyes. "Who are they?"
"This is Jack, and that one is Techno." Niki said quickly. She had missed them, but she needed to go warn everyone else. "We have to talk to everyone."
Tubbo and Ranboo didn't seem to question it, and they quickly gathered everyone up.
Niki tried to explain. It was difficult. There were no words to describe the heat of the Nether, or the stress of waiting for that potion to brew. But she tried.
There was silence. It sliced through the air like a knife, only the sound of the leaves in the wind.
"Who's this king of the Nether guy?" Tubbo asked.
"We don't know much, other than he's Techno's..." she glanced at him, who gave her a nod. "Nephew."
Everyone stared at them. She was starting to hate this kind of silence.
"Well, what do we do?" Wilbur asked.
Gosh Niki wanted to collapse. Just to lie down, at least for a minute. She had burns on her because of the heat, even with that potion. And the sudden change of climate wasn't fun, either.
"Not too sure about that." Niki said. She realized that she had just been standing there for a minute, not doing anything.
"Are you okay?" Tommy asked from behind her. She nodded her head, which made her slightly dizzy.
"Niki, how about you go into the water and get some rest." Phil said. Tommy nodded, but Phil turned to him. "You need some rest too, gremlin child."
Tommy protested, but Wilbur gave him some kind of look that Niki was too tired to read, and Tommy agreed.
Niki went to the shore. Tommy went into his tent, and they made eye contact for a moment. Niki gave him a nod, and he zipped up the tent.
Niki dived in. It was the best feeling she had felt in a while.
She layed down in the sand, and immediately fell asleep.

She just wanted to sleep.
Why did there always have to be someone, or something messing it up?
It was white. Just a wide, white void.
In front of her was the figure, the king. He could never leave her alone, huh?
"Niki Nihachu, we meet again." He said. "What you did back there was impressive. Escaping and taking them with you."
Niki backed up a step.
"Please, this is just a dream. I can't do anything other than talk to you. And... show you things."
"What do you mean by that?" Niki demanded.
"Well. You woke up in the water and didn't remember anything, correct?"
Of course he knew that. He knew more about Niki than Niki did.
She nodded her head.
"Well I can show you your life before this." He said. "I can even give it back to you."
Niki froze. He could what??
"I-" she didn't know what to say. Did she want to see herself, what she was before? Who her friends were?
He snapped his fingers and the void changed. Instead it was an area surrounded with black walls. There was a white van on one side.
She saw people; people who looks similar to her friends. There was Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Jack, a man with black glasses that she didn't recognize, and someone who looked like her.
They were hiding in the van. A man with a mask shot arrows at the van.
It changed again; she was in a bakery. It smelled of fresh bread and she could hear herself speak.
There was a fox. It had a little collar that said "Fungi".
Then the fox disappeared. The building crumbled.
Niki ran out and looked to the sky; it was filled with smoke, and lightning, and there was fire everywhere. She ran farther and saw herself collapse in some rubble.
There were too many things happening at once. She couldn't focus on it all.
Then it switched again; Niki was treading the snow. She was found by Techno.
Things flashed. She saw bits and pieces of a story she should have known; her story.
The last piece that she saw was... a kid. A zombie piglin kid. His ears flapped and he hugged a chicken.
Then he was killed by the man in the mask.
The white came back. The figure stood in front of her.
"Everything could be fixed." He said. "You could be someone they care about in that world, instead of being over looked."
Niki stood, frozen. She could take it back. Live a life that she had before.
But none of the things that he had shown her were good. There was nothing free, or relieving, or kind about them. Old her, old everyone, had it terrible.
Niki realized that the old life they had lived hadn't completely left. It still haunted some of them.
Tommy; the explosions... almost everytime she had seen him in the visions something had blown up. That was why, the first night they stayed with everyone, he had been frozen.
The song. That was the anthem of a dead country that had tried so hard to live.
Everything...
Ranboo had been the adoptive father of the kid. Niki remembered his name; Michael.
And Techno had been very close to Ranboo.
Techno's nephew...
His nephew was Michael. Michael was in front of her, right now, when she had been there when he died.
"Michael-?"
The figure backed a step up. He kept his hood on.
"There's nothing you can do, Niki. An attack is coming. You have to make your decision now."
Niki stared at him. He had been hurt as well.
"No." She said.
"No?"
"I cant let everyone relive that. We've started over. You- you can be with us, Michael."
He shook his head. "We both know that's not possible."
"But-"
"Goodbye Niki. I'll see you when I win."
And she woke up.