Chapter 11: Recovery

Niki woke up.
She was groggy, everything was sore and her vision was blurry. She looked around her to find that she was in a body of water next to the camp, but not the one she usually slept in.
All she could remember was Tommy telling her about his dream, then going back to sleep.
Don't tell me I'm sick again.
She stuck her head up, but it made her a bit dizzy. She could see Wilbur and Phil talking to each other a few yards away.
"Wilbur, that's not normal." She could hear Phil say.
"I know, but how would this happen?" Wilbur responded.
"Ranboo and Tommy did say that her eyes were red, not brown."
There was a long pause.
Wilbur sighed. "Lets just hope she's back to normal, then we'll ask her."
She was starting to get a headache. What were they talking about?
Wilbur glanced over and saw her awake. He said something to Phil, then came over to Niki.
"Hey Niki."
"Whats going-" her head hurt. She dunked back under the water, which helped a little. "Whats going on?" She said, exhausted.
"I'll have Tommy or Ranboo talk to you about that. How do you feel?"
She put her face in the soft, wet sand. "Tired. Exhausted. I have a headache. Everything's a bit blurry."
He nodded and patted her head. "Just get some rest, and then I'll send Tommy and Ranboo over, alright?"
She gave a small nod and he left her to herself.
Something had happened, but he wasn't saying anything, which annoyed her. But what did Tommy and Ranboo have to do with it?
She closed her eyes and drifted to an uneasy sleep.

She was in a room.
It was made of purple bricks and it was uncomfortably hot. Like, really hot.
The room was decorated with red banners and black skulls. Not exactly friendly.
There was a giant throne against the wall, made of pure, shining gold. There was a man to the left, dressed as a guard but obviously didn't look like the one on the other. He looked more human, kind of like how Niki looked human, but also like a mermaid.
On the throne sat a figure in many cloaks. Their face wasn't visible.
"Niki Nihachu! My dear, how are you."
Niki backed up. She didn't know who this was, but they gave her a really bad feeling.
"Aw, that's too bad. Luckily we'll be seeing each other again soon." The figure started laughing, and laughing, but it wasn't a nice laugh. It was evil.
Everything started to fade, but before it all disappeared she saw the figure to the left look down a bit, like he really didn't want to be there.

Niki woke with a start.
She looked around her quickly. She was still in the water, the cool wetness relieving her skin.
Tommy stared at her. "You good?"
She looked up at him. He looked tired, like he hadn't been able to sleep.
"I just- I was just in a- I don't know." She took a breath. It was probably just a nightmare. "Yeah, I'm good."
Tommy looked suspicious, but dropped the subject.
"Um, so I guess you're back to normal then?" He asked. She noticed Ranboo beside him.
"I don't know what you mean, but sure?"
Ranboo and Tommy shared a glance. "You don't remember?" Ranboo asked.
"No...? What happened?"
They were silent for a minute.
"You kind of chased us with a knife."
"Tommy!"
"What?! She did!"
Niki stared at them. Tommy tuned back to her. "Technically it was something sharp, but close enough."
Ranboo sighed. "Yeah, a little bit."
Niki listened in horror as they explained what had happened.
"I what?!?!"
"Yeah..." Tommy said quietly.
Her head hurt more now. She wouldn't have ever tried to hurt them.
Unless she hadn't been in control.
That figure in her dream said they'd see each other again soon. What if they decided to do it to someone else too?!
"Tommy, get me Wilbur or Phil."
"But-"
"Now Tommy!"
She hadn't meant to yell, but Tommy ran over to Wilbur, who came over. Ranboo left with Tommy.
"Niki? Whats wrong?"
"I think something is trying to get us." She said. "And it won't stop until it does."