𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢 | 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘰𝘮

SECOND PERSON POV.
genshin au | slight angst, fluff

TW: Mentions of suicide

"A thousand years ago, there was once a young human being who had sought for freedom

"A thousand years ago, there was once a young human being who had sought for freedom. But never once, had they achieved what they had actually sought for. Guided by their desire of freedom, they followed their path, until their chosen path ended with nothing left to reach or find, except for emptiness, and a type of freedom they did not desire... In the end, they have never gotten the freedom that they desperately yearned for... Yet, they were chosen to be guided by the wind in their very next life."

Venti and you were sitting in the hands of Barbatos' statue in front of Mondstadt's cathedral.

The bard had just told you another story about the times that have already passed. You had no idea how he knew so many details about the old times, but you decided not to question him. So here you were, listening to the old tales Venti could tell.

"...Sooo, basically, the story's about a young human who wanted to be free, but never achieved that goal. And maaany years later, the human got reincarnated and received Barbatos' blessing – in that case, an Anemo Vision. Did I get it right?" you summed the tale Venti had told you up. Said bard nodded at you and carefully put his lyre away.

"Yeah, you pretty much summed it all up. Good job, Y/n!"

You grinned at him. "It isn't that difficult to sum up a story you just heard." you replied him, looking up at the night sky.

"But now that I think about it... It's actually quite sad,"

Venti raised his brow at you, despite thinking the exact same thing.

"Eh? How so?"

Sighing, you turned your gaze to him, giving him a sad smile.

"Well, the young being just wanted to be free for whatever reason. Assuming by your wording, they must've taken their own life, in order to achieve freedom – just that it wasn't really the freedom they wanted..."

"Huh, you're really smart, Y/n~!" he praised you, patting your head, despite him being shorter than you. You leaned on your lover's head, thinking about the tale he had told you.

You felt bad for the kid. You too, were a human being, blessed by the God of Wind. You couldn't help but wonder how the young human being must've felt in their next life, having been blessed by Barbatos, the Archon who also represented freedom itself.

If only you knew...

Mondstadt's best bard wandered around at Starsnatch Cliff, searching for Cecilia Flowers to take back with him. While he was on the search for his favorite flowers, a young teen came into sight.