𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞!𝐙𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢 | 𝘈 𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘓𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦...

SECOND PERSON POV.
genshin yandere au | angst (?)

TW: Yandere behavior, mentions of death, manipulation etc.

"It was you, wasn't it...?"

You and your lover stood on a bridge, shined upon by the moon and the lanterns floating in the night sky.

Today marked the final day of the Lantern Rite Festival. The final day, where you could live a normal life in the presence of Zhongli.

Because you, my dear Y/n, had found out something you never should have. Something, that changed your entire view of your boyfriend. That one discovery, changed your life forever.

And not in a good way.

"What do you mean, it was me? I don't quite follow, my dearest." Zhongli shot you a confused glance as he turned around to face you instead of the lanterns now.

You would've believed that he was genuinely confused if you didn't know any better.

He couldn't fool you with his lies. Not anymore.

"Stop acting, Zhongli." you muttered. Then, you raised your head up high and swallowed up your fear. "You... you killed him!" you finally managed to say after all the time where you kept it secret. The fact, that you knew what he did.

The brown-haired man raised his brows in 'surprise' as he then spoke, "...Kill? That is not a pretty word, love. I would never kill anybody. Especially not without any good reason to do so. Childe did not break any contract as far as I know."

...And he slipped up already.

"But you do have a reason." you retorted.

"Oh? Do I now? Please, do tell me about it, love." His voice held a challenging tone in it, ticking you off even further.

He definitely knew what he was doing and what you were accusing him of. Even so, he still appeared to he calm — unbothered, even. That attitude of his, you did not like.

'The audacity to still call me love.'

"First off; stop calling me by those sweet names. It won't get you anywhere. And second; Don't think I've forgotten the things you said the night before he was found dead. And third; I never said that I was talking about Childe." You angrily jabbed a finger into his chest, saying all those things with a confidence you never even knew you had. "Connecting all dots, it leads back to you, Zhongli."

Honestly, you cursed yourself out inside your mind once you said those things. I mean, you didn't know how he'd react any longer... He could get mad, and you'd become a victim too. Or he could act like it wasn't a big deal at all.

Sure, you knew it wasn't the first time he killed someone, being a god and having fought wars. But it was surely the first time he killed someone because of you. It made you feel like you could throw up any second everytime you thought about it.