𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨 | 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘖𝘶𝘵 𝘔𝘺 𝘕𝘢𝘮𝘦

SECOND PERSON POV.
modern reverse au | fluff

"...Xiao, how many times do I have to tell you that you should call my name when you're in danger or in need of help?"

Xiao didn't answer. Instead, the dark-haired boy stared off into the distance, not taking what you said into account. He never liked asking for help, no matter in what kind of trouble he's in.

Sighing, you gently grabbed his face and turned him around to face you. But even then, he still didn't look you in the eyes.

"C'mon, stop being so complicated!"

Grumbling, Xiao finally met your gaze. He was visibly annoyed by you, but you didn't care.

You looked at him for a bit longer, which made him look at you with a questioning expression.

Before he knew what was happening, he was engulfed in a hug by you. He was a bit flustered, since you just hugged him out of nowhere.

"Xiao, I know it isn't that easy for you to ask for help— But please, please just call upon my name every time you're in trouble. I don't want you to constantly get into fights out of nowhere and then get hurt. I'm here to protect you, remember?" you told him, hugging him tighter.

On the other hand, Xiao just blankly stared straight ahead.

"...Why do you worry so much? I told you that I can handle myself. I don't need your help, nor do I need your 'protection'." he harshly said, causing you to sigh.

He's always been like this, even in his past lives, even back in the time where Liyue was still Old Liyue. As it seems, not even death or reincarnation could change his attitude towards anything. He was still the same guy that you, Y/n, fell in love with back then.

You being an Adeptus and living through many millennia, had to watch him slip out of your grasp and die in every single timeline. But even then, he always returned to you somehow, and you were determined to keep him as safe as possible until he had to go again.

And you wanted to get that through his painfully thick skull.

Thus, you just said, "Xiao, darling, I love you so much, but... Could you please just stop being so stubborn and let me take care of you already?! Look at you, you're covered in bruises again! How the fuck do you even manage to stir up so much trouble?!"

The male was quite surprised by your small outburst. You usually always remained calm and never really raised your voice against him — or anyone else, for that matter — so he thought that he might have really ticked you off with his stubborn and unreasonable behavior.

Feeling a bit guilty, Xiao slumped down in your arms and tightly hugged you back — which caught you off-guard.

"...I'm sorry for being so harsh, Y/n. I know that you're an Adeptus that has lived through thousands of years — I know that you're strong enough to fight alongside me. It's just that... I don't want to put you in danger because you decided that it was a good idea to join me and fight this... troublesome group that calls themselves the 'Fatui'. They're dangerous, okay? I appreciate your concern, but please, do not get involved in this." he said, this time with a softer tone.