𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜 | 𝘈 𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘳... 𝘛𝘸𝘰?

SECOND PERSON POV.
genshin au | birthday special

The 30th of April ― a beautiful and sunny day indeed

The 30th of April ― a beautiful and sunny day indeed. One of your personal favorites.

Perfect to be outside and enjoy Mondstadt's nature.

A variety of flowers bloomed upon the healthy green grass, decorating the vast outskirts of the City of Freedom.

You could've been doing anything else on a day like this, yet aimlessly wandered around in the northern area of Starfell Valley, a light breeze accompanying you on your rather exhausting search.

Search for what, you ask?

Well, you were currently on the search for your husband; Diluc. Said man left you a letter early in the morning, stating that he'll be out to pick fresh Valberries atop Mondstadt's cliffs. Apparently, now was a good time for that.

Of course, you could've just stayed home and waited for Diluc to return after you had finished preparing for the little feast for him, but you were way too bored out of your mind to sit still and do nothing. So, after quite some time of sitting and waiting, you decided to leave the Dawn Winery in order to search for your lover.

It was quite the inconvenience for you, seeing as you possessed no Vision, but you still went to search for him anyway. Doing absolutely nothing was never your strong suit.

During your travels to the north-east of Mondstadt, you encountered quite a handful of monsters, but you fended them off with ease. You were trained with a sword, so it was no trouble ― luckily.

Only Barbatos would know just how much longer it would've taken you to get to your desired destination, if you had to waste your time struggling with minor enemies on the way...

Looking up ahead, you saw nothing but a road going high up into the mountains.

Now, descending mountains was no chore to you, but the other way around... You despised it with everything you had.

"Ugh... I wish I could simply just glide up or something instead of walking..." you grumbled under your breath whilst wiping off the sweat on your forehead.

Afternoons were rather warm in Mondstadt if it wasn't raining, and that only made your journey more of a pain than it already was. The sword you carried on your person, also didn't make it any better.

If you weren't so bored without nothing to do, you wouldn't have left the manor in the first place. But unfortunately, you had nothing on your hands today specifically. You freed your entire schedule to prepare a feast for your darling husband in celebration of his birthday, just to have him run off to pick a bunch of Valberries.