𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜 | 𝘈 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵

SECOND PERSON POV.
genshin au | fluff

An expensive-looking cart drove by, catching your attention

You wondered what kind of goods could be inside the cart, causing you to rob the person who was riding the cart. At least, you had attempted to rob him.

Being a Treasure Hoarder, you always took every opportunity to obtain expensive goods, not once failing up until now.

Successfully knocking out the driver, you opened the curtains and were about to enter the cart.

But unfortunately for you, you chose the wrong time and person.

Sitting inside the cart, was Diluc Ragnvindr; the owner of the Dawn Winery and the Angel's Share - the most successful wine industry in all of Teyvat.

The moment your eyes met, a shiver went down your spine. Cold scarlet eyes menacingly glared down at you, making you halt in your actions.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing, thief?" His deep voice was filled with annoyance. He sounded like it wasn't the first time today - which is true.

'Quick, come up with an excuse, Y/n!' You internally panicked, trying to come up with a believable excuse on the spot.

Diluc noticed you taking too long to answer, causing him to heave a heavy sigh. "Well, what is your reason to try and rob me on this fine evening?" he asked you.

Stunned, you left your mouth hanging open. You expected him to dispose of you as soon as he saw you, but here he was, asking you about the reasons of your attempted robbery.

"Are you going to answer or not? If not, then I'd like to continue my journey back home." He kept staring at you, making you slightly uncomfortable.

Regardless, you answered him, hoping not to get killed on the spot.

"I know that it sounds like an excuse, but I'm only doing this so my family can survive. Our home was taken from us, and we had no options to earn something for a living, so I joined the Treasure Hoarders in hopes of making some Mora..." you quietly explained to him, keeping your head down low.

Hearing the scarlet-haired male let out another deep sigh, you cautiously raised your head to see his expression.

Diluc had his fingers on his temples, eyes closed in complete annoyance.

He looked done with his life.

So done.

He then opened his eyes again to look into your (e/c) eyes. You were kind of afraid to turn away from him, so you too, stared into his own scarlet eyes.

After a while, he sighed - again - and then offered you a hand.

Confused, you carefully took some of the things that you stole today out of your pockets and cautiously placed them into his gloved hands.