Chapter 2: In Comes The Flood

Y/N:"...Shit..."

Judging from that initial reaction alone, D/N knew very well that he was in deep trouble as the wolf-like creature slowly walked closer to him, growling like a predator cornering its prey. This was a bad situation already, so the only things Y/N could rely on were his common sense and the gun he found. He aimed and fired the first shot ever in a very long time and it hit the beast in its shoulder.

However, it just stumbled back a little and snarled at the young man, getting even angrier than before as it was ready to pounce. Y/N had a hard time even grasping the gravity of said situation as he quickly dodged the incoming attack. He knew this was just the start of something awful and grotesque as he fired a few more shots at the beast to at least slow it down while he got some distance. He definitly didn't plan on dying at such a young age, so when his survival instincts kicked in, that was when he figured out that this could end quicker than it currently went. He looked the creature right in the eyes before aiming his gun at a nearby framework, shooting it and making it crumble which caused the structure to crash down right on top of his enemy, effectively killing it in the process. The carcass started to dissipate as nothing, but a few bones remained in a pool of blood.

Y/N:" Do me a favor and stay dead!..."

Taking down the gun, Y/N took a deep breath. So, he was in an unknown location, trying to find his daughter, armed with a gun and probably surrounded by several of the one thing he just killed. Something was very wrong about this. Who created these things? How did he know what to do and where to go? And remembering the nightmare from earlier didn't make things easier either as Y/N began running through the thick snow towards a distant call of civilization.