Chapter 4: Into The Dark

Y/N was still beside himself as he tried to find a path that might lead him to the last piece that was needed to unlock the stone door. He still hasn't come to terms with his situation, yet there was nothing he could do about it. The only thing that gave him hope was that the parasite didn't spread too quickly. Maybe his inner demon was hiding something more about what happened in Tennessee. There was no way the scientists just found him and his family and brought them there for 'testing' something. It had to have a deeper meaning than that, because the company that organized these tests seemed genuinly serious and interested as well.

Y/N:" Almost 2 years with that thing in me and only now it's starting to become serious. What did we do to deserve this?"

He didn't have much else to distract himself with until he reached some kind of corn field. Judging by the sounds coming from it, there were more enemies present and they shuffled around after catching his scent.

 Judging by the sounds coming from it, there were more enemies present and they shuffled around after catching his scent

Y/N:" Another fight. This is going to get messy now."

Reloading the shotgun and having it aimed at anything that moved, Y/N carefully walked into the field with his eyes focussed on anything that moved. He was getting a little tired now from the fights and the lack of sleep, but none of the houses in the village seemed safe enough to stay in for a long amount of time. He soon heard growling right in front of him, but instead of letting it finish, he shoved the barrel into the enemy's mouth and just fired, blasting its skull to pieces.

Y/N:" One down, two to go."

Loading up the next round, Y/N swore he heard a door slamming shut in the near distance. It seemed like he actually wasn't the only human here, apart from the old hag. He had a bad feeling about her though, because of the things she said and how they might tie in with everything. Putting these thoughts aside though, Y/N dodged just in time for an incoming claw from the right. If he didn't have such well trained reflexes, he might have been dead by now. He acted faster this time and blew a gapibg hole right onto the next creature's chest.

Y/N:" Off to the final one."

Y/N realized though that he was out of shotgun shells and he didn't feel like wasting more bullets, so he opted for his trusty knife. It helped him in a lot of situations and only received minor damage through the years, but now was the time to shine again as the last of the wild beasts stepped up. It was a little bigger and buffer than the others, but that didn't scare Y/N whatsoever. It actually just got him ready for a fight at close range, just like the young man prefered it. He wasn't a violent man by nature, not at all. He was more relaxed and took things easier than some others in his life. But in deadly predicaments like this, there was no other way than to let go and unleash the killer instinct. He swiped and slashed whenever there was an opening, careful not to get injured as well. His opponent didn't take kindly to that as it went for a bite, but Y/N prevented that by stabbing it right in the skull with as much force as he could muster.

Y/N:" I'll kill anything that tries to kill me!"

With this final statement, Y/N pulled the knife out, cleaned it off with some snow and then put it back in his pocket. There was so much going on lately. He needed a break for at least a little while, but he was very sure that nothing and nobody in the surrounding area would allow that any time soon. Sighing, he walked over and glanced into a house to his right. Through the window, Y/N saw blood on the floor, a small shelf with supplies and some books. Maybe the owners were attacked or turned into those wolf things. Y/N also noticed a big gate just a few feet away, so that was his next destination, but trying to push it open proved futile.