Chapter 20: Cage The Beast (Lemon)

Jill has taken care of Y/N's wound as best as she could, showing some compassion for the young man which was an unexpected turn for sure. But they were alive after killing the insect creature and fortunately a gate opened that allowed them to leave this creepy tomb. Honestly this has been way too wild and crazy ever since they and Claire entered the estate, so Y/N wanted to finally put an end to this. He saved Alcina, no doubt, but could he do the same for Donna when the time was right? Nobody knew.

Jill:" Hey, you okay there?"

Y/N:" Yeah, just spaced out a bit."

Jill:" Well, you better regain focus sooner rather than later because this isn't over yet."

Y/N:" I have a feeling Donna is waiting for us."

Jill:" I don't trust this either, but we have no weapons and we won't haul that turret around."

Y/N:" Fair point. Let's just find Claire and get out of here."

That was the most important part. Claire has been gone for quite a bit, so who knew what Donna and Angie actually did to her? Walking through some old hallways with creepy paintings and spiderwebs everywhere, the two hoped they could get out of this quickly. Every step took more and more energy from them though, so it was incredible how the two could still walk without much trouble. Y/N breathed in deeply, hoping to catch at least a bit of fresh air while following Jill. She wasn't going to divert from the mission whatsoever as they reached an elevator of some kind.

Jill:" This thing is old."

Y/N:" But it seems to be our only way up."

Jill:" Fair...Hey, what do you think might happen once all of this is over?"

Y/N:" Lots of questioning. The BSAA are gonna swoop in and take any evidence they can get to expose all of this madness. I trusted Chris before, but I won't do that again."

Jill:" Why though? What happened between you two?"

Y/N:" Bastard shot my wife just a few hours ago. I haven't seen him since, but I know I'll kill him..."

Jill wanted to ask more questions, but she decided not to press any further as they took the elevator upstairs. Apparently they were several stories below the surface and it showed due to how long it took to reach their destination. The ride was silent as Y/N leaned against one of the walls while Jill had her arms crossed and looked at the floor. Hearing about what happened earlier made her feel bad for Y/N. Maybe she was a little too harsh towards him. Okay yeah, she definitly was and she felt sorry for it. Hopefully she didn't screw her chances of getting out of this mess.
With another 'ding' the elevator stopped and the door opened, revealing Claire standing in some kind of lobby.

Claire:" Y/N! Jill! Thank god you're alive!"

Y/N:" We should say that to you, Claire. Looks like you had it rough too."