Chapter 21: Black Smoke

Returning to the village while Donna made her way to the castle, the trio of Y/N, Claire and Jill wiped off the dirt and grime they gathered. It really wasn't an adventure for the faint of heart in any case as they walked through the snow covered land with surprisingly no enemies around. Y/N held his side a bit because the cut from the bossfight earlier still gave him trouble and the cold wind didn't exactly help him whatsoever.

Claire:" Are you okay, Y/N?"

Y/N:" I'm fine...This weather just isn't good for any wounds."

Jill:" I had a feeling it would hinder you. We should find a safe spot and treat it before it gets worse."

Claire:" Good idea. I have a bandage and we can melt some snow to clean out the dirt."

Y/N:" I appreciate your help, ladies, but I've been through worse."

Jill:" That doesn't excuse running around hurt, Y/N. And after what went on in the mansion, you earned yourself some healing."

Claire:" Yeah, be thankful, Y/N."

He didn't say anything to that, accepting his fate while Claire and Jill smirked victoriously while the three kept walking. They all knew the journey wasn't over yet and with more enemies lurking around, they were in for tough battles all over. During the march, Jill took out her walkie-talkie and decided to inform her team of everything.

 During the march, Jill took out her walkie-talkie and decided to inform her team of everything

Jill:" Rover, this is Valentine. Come in."

Rover:" I hear you loud and clear. Are you alright?"

Jill:" Yes, we just got out of the Beneviento home. We also met another person with a mission here. Personal stuff."

Rover:" Understood. Is the stranger alive?"

Jill:" Yes, he just has a small cut, but we'll patch him up."

Rover:" Roger that. Be careful out there. There are still a lot of hostiles in the surrounding area."

Jill:" Fair, but we have enough ammunition. We'll check in again when we found out more."

Y/N:" Your Team?"

Jill:" Yeah. They surveyed the area while we were at Donna's. They found a lot of enemies flocking towards an old mill."

Claire:" We should be careful then. Getting in there won't be easy."

Y/N:" Having the key is one thing, but fighting through hordes of lycans is a tough one."

Jill:" There's a shed over there. Let's fix you up and reload before jumping in the fire."

Y/N and Claire nodded and followed Jill to said shed. Nothing in this village looked even remotely close to fully safe or comfortable, but the shed was the easiest and nearest option they had right now. Thankfully it didn't take them long to get there as Claire cleared off a work bench, so Y/N could sit down after taking his shirt off. Taking a look at the cut, Jill knew what to do.