Chapter 17: Still Echoes (Lemon)

It took a while for Y/N to regain his senses and become stable again, but once he did he noticed that Claire and Jill were gone and all of his weapons and ammunition have been taken from him. It seemed like Donna and Angie were both seriously invested in this game and they did everything they could to make it last as long as possible. Sighing to himself, Y/N just turned on his flashlight and carefully walked through the dark rooms of the house. There was something very weird about this and the fact that Donna was even doing this really showed how much she loved mindgames. She was the quiet one who stayed in the back when Y/N was brought in for the meeting, but judging by Angie's close inspection, she definitly found something valuable in him. May it be the being inside him, its powers or something else entirely, but she knew she needed to have it. And she would do anything to keep it to herself.

The rooms Y/N went through didn't look too special or out of place, apart from some very weird paintings and statues.

Y/N:" What the hell is this place?"

Y/N asked himself that as he proceeded through what looked like a living room. He had a strange feeling about this, but it quickly got confirmed when the lights went on again only to show the room to be an exact representation of his and Courtney's home.

Y/N:"...No...T-T-This can't be real."

Every piece of furniture looked so realistic, the books and even the paintings in this room seemed to match theirs to a tee. How could this be though? Y/N didn't get hit in the head or had any mental issues, so this didn't make sense. What made this even more confusing were footsteps coming closer and once Y/N turned around, he was met with his wife.

 What made this even more confusing were footsteps coming closer and once Y/N turned around, he was met with his wife

Courtney:" It's so good to see you again, honey."

Y/N:" C-Courtney, is that you?..."

Courtney:" Of course, silly. Who else do you think is here? Come sit with me. We didn't relax like that in a while."

Courtney or what seemed to be a hallucination grabbed Y/N's hand and brought him over to the sofa. Now this really took a turn for the worse in terms of Y/N's sanity since he hasn't seen Courtney in so long. He didn't know what exactly happened to her after she got shot repeatedly. This horrific memory replayed over and over again, but this moment right now felt too good to be true.

Courtney:" I missed you so much, Y/N."

Y/N:" I missed you too, Courtney. A-After you got shot, I-I thought-"

Courtney:" Shot? I don't think anyone is out to kill me. I'm fine and perfectly happy with you and Rose by my side."

Y/N:" Rose..."

It dawned on Y/N again that both his wife and child were gone, taken to one of the most insane places on earth with people who should be dead or not even exist. He tensed up significantly at those thoughts until the Courtney reflection hugged him.