Chapter 15: A Different Kind Of Pain

Several minutes of thinking and discussing ideas, the trio decided to pass the bridge one after the other to stay on the safe side and to not put too much strain on it at once. Claire volunteered to go first to which there were no protests from Y/N or Jill. The wind calmed down significantly as the long haired brunette set foot on the bridge and held the ropes for stability. Truth be told, the structural integrity of that bridge was bad already, but as long as it still held together like that the three should be fine. Y/N had his hands in his pockets while Jill just watched how Claire progressed step by step. Honestly anything could have happened in that predicament and by the looks of things, it wouldn't take long for one of the boards to break sooner or later.

Claire:" It's still in tact so far."

Jill:" Let's keep it that way."

Y/N:" Thank you, Captain Obvious. I would've never thought of keeping a bridge in working condition."

Jill:" Can you shut up?"

Y/N:" Sorry. No habla es english."

Jill:" Screw you."

Y/N:" It's not the right time."

Jill:" I would push you off this cliff right here, if we didn't need you

Jill:" I would push you off this cliff right here, if we didn't need you."

Y/N:" Oh, you need me? For what?"

Claire:" Stop arguing back there! We need to work as a team!"

Y/N:" Tell that to Loudmouth Valentine."

Jill:" I'm not a loudmouth!"

Y/N:" Then what's with all the yelling?"

Jill:" You're pushing the wrong buttons, buddy. I could put a bullet in your brain right now and be done with you in an instant."

Y/N:" I could do that to you as well, but the world needs an unsung hero soooo much."

Jill:" You don't even know what you're talking about."

Y/N:" I've heard more than enough about Raccoon City and Umbrella, girly. Don't underestimate someone like me so easily."

Jill was getting extremely frustrated with Y/N and gritted her teeth in an attempt to keep her anger contained while Y/N just sighed and leaned back against a stone wall. So much for them being on the same side right now, but the first good thing was that Claire made it across without much trouble, waving over at them to confirm.

Y/N:" Good. One of us is there."

Jill:" You next or-"

Y/N:" By all means, go ahead."

"