Chapter 19: Return To Ashes

Spending valuable time running through a maze of a house and trying to find Claire really took a toll on Y/N and Jill. The two have searched a lot of rooms, explored secret paths and uncovered quite a few secrets about the village, the castle and everything that surrounded them right now. Jill wasn't pleased with the situation whatsoever as the two walked through another corridor which lead to a big door. There was no lock, no barricade or anything, but Y/N felt a dangerous vibe from behind the wooden structure.

Y/N:" As soon as we go through there, something will attack."

Jill:" Are you ready for a fight?"

Y/N:" Without weapons? Sure, this is a walk in the park."

Jill:" Sarcasm isn't needed right now. Neither of us have guns right now, so what are we going to do?"

Y/N:" I don't know about you, but I've got someone else on my side. Just don't get in his way."

Without another word, Y/N approached the door and pushed it open while Jill was trying to figure out what he meant. She didn't know about his second form and what it was able to do, but by the looks of things, she would probably find out sooner rather than later. Once the two walked into the next area, they found themselves in some sort of colloseum. Bones, blood and shattered weapons everywhere as the thick layers of dust and sand were moved by every step the two took.

Jill:" I don't like this at all."

Y/N:" Neither do I. I didn't expect another boss fight on our way."

Jill:" Seems like it's our lucky day then---"

Suddenly there were heavy, thunderous footsteps and the sound of clicking echoing through the air. The dust was now building a cloud around whatever just appeared while Jill and Y/N did their best to stand their ground. Only after a good minute were they able to see the monstrosity before them.

 Only after a good minute were they able to see the monstrosity before them

Jill:" What the fuck is that?!"

Y/N:" No idea, but it needs to die quickly!"

Jill:" Dodge!"

The creature swung one of its arms at the two, trying to decimate the opposition early on, but Y/N and Jill got out of the way quite quickly. By the looks of things, they had to find a way to defeat this enemy in order to progress and hopefully find Claire again. Looking past this monster, Jill noticed a crack in the wall that seemed to lead into a weapon chamber or something.

Jill:" Hey Y/N! Can you distract this thing? I think I found some firepower for us!"

Y/N:" Oh yeah, no problem. I'll just jump left and right for a few minutes. Now go!"

Nodding, Jill watched as Y/N jumped and just narrowly avoided the spikey claws of the creature. Although she grew to tolerate hom a little more, there was no time to admire him as she ran past and almost got through unharmed. The only problem: the tail blocked the rest of the path. And since there were no knives around, Jill couldn't just hack and slice away. Meanwhile Y/N hung onto an old chain that hung from the ceiling. He did everything he could to keep the attention on him while also making sure that he still had his legs at the end of the fight. He saw Jill as she sneaked past a few pieces of debris to avoid the tail, hoping the weapons she might find would be enough to kill this insectoid.