Reckless - Chapter Six

(As usual, don't forget to readcomment, vote or give me feedback. I'm so unbelievably happy that you've read this far!)

Dedicated to those lovely fans: citruslime, edel6395, C-jade310, hazeybug, Penguin041, livexbreathexwrite, clodagh_bear, Goaliechick12, sprinklecuppycakes, BlackSwan15, ebbsEbonee, PawsLuvzVampirez, xbethyintherainx, WickedGleek96, MissPurple786, SaraahVammpp, Carebear15, purplepenny, Mu5ic1SLife, julysix, IAmFred, lostinafarytale and pinkollypopgirl ! :3

Woah, that was a mouthful. Love you guys <3 Now onto the story....

R E C K L E S S . . . 

CHAPTER SIX-

It was dark. I wasn't sure where I was, or how I'd got there. I couldn't particularly remember anything that had happened recently, and I had a feeling I didn’t really want to know; I embraced the ignorance and sunk deeper into the darkness. Letting myself be passive, I lay there silently and didn’t think about anything or anyone.

A demanding voice broke the perfect tranquillity of the moment. “Is she okay?” it asked.

“What do you think, you absolute idiot?” another voice joined in, “She found out our secret and fainted, I wouldn’t be okay if that happened to me.”

Who were they talking about and who did these voices even belong to? I tried to block the insistent questions out of my head and focussed on the sound of my breathing and the people around the room.

There was a shuffling sound as somebody made their way towards wherever I was.

“I wouldn’t say she completely found out, I mean, she fainted before I could actually explain. So really Anne doesn’t know our secret,” somebody else said. The voice was startlingly familiar, but I couldn’t place whose it was. I knew these people, but I just couldn’t put a finger on their identities.

“Well, she’s going to know about it now isn’t she?” said a grouchy voice that I was pretty sure I’d never heard before, “Way to go, Chris.”

The words brought a jolt of realisation and caused the unwelcome memories to trickle back slowly, disrupting my blissful unknowingness.

“She was going to find out I was a vampire, anyway!” he shot back at the other person.

Vampire. He was a vampire. How could I have forgotten that already? I shot up into a sitting position and my eyes snapped open, causing the faces that had been peering closely at me to shout out in surprise at my sudden movements. Looking around, I saw I was yet again in Chris’ dorm, with several of his friends gathered around me.

Grinning at me from above, with no intention of moving, were Dan and Jev – they were obviously extremely entertained by the whole thing. At least one of us is, I thought grimly. Next to the two was Alexis, she exchanged a wary glance with the guys beside her and shot me a sympathetic smile. “Hey Anne,” she said, but I ignored her. Instead my eyes searched around the room, searching for a specific face. I saw Darren and a sharp featured blonde I’d never seen before in the corner of the room, I guessed that she must’ve been the owner of the voice I hadn’t recognized before. She gave me an icy glare, which showed her already blatant dislike of me, before turning back to Darren and starting up a whispered conversation.

Finally my eyes rested on what I had been searching for – Chris. He was sat in an accommodating armchair on the opposite side of the room, watching me silently. When he saw that I’d seen him, he got up and proceeded to walk towards me with a cocky smile on his face.