Reckless - Chapter Two

(While you're here, could you please vote, read or comment? I would love you forever <3 )

R E C K L E S S . . .

CHAPTER TWO - 

"So you're saying that he tried to kidnap you and that you hate him, right?" Asked an unimpressed Sam, who was lounging on our sofa. Sitting and doing nothing all day was a typical Sunday activity for us.

"That's exactly what I'm saying" I confirmed, "Except he didn't try - he succeeded in kidnapping me by carrying me over his shoulder."

I said all of this as if it made perfect sense and as if strange guys carried me over their shoulders regularly.

We were sitting in the small living area in our dorm, discussing the night before- which mainly involved filling Sam in about everything she had missed and me giving a reluctant account of everything that had happened with Chris after they had gone back to the school.

As Sam stared at me in disbelief, Claire walked in through the door with a cereal bar and sat down on the sofa next to Sam, "I wouldn't mind being carried over his shoulder," she commented, taking a bite of the bar and chewing thoughtfully.

"Agreed!" Sam exclaimed and they high-fived before bursting into a fit of manic giggles. I watched them with an amused look on my face as they rolled about on the sofa.

"Guys," I interjected before they could burst into a squealing conversation about how hot he was. It was hard to believe I hadn't known at him before last night, by the amount Claire and Sam - and probably every other female in the school - talked about him.

They both looked up at me with wide eyes "Yes?" They said at exactly the same time, causing them to burst into another fit of hysterical laughter. You would have thought that they'd adjusted to the whole un-twin thing after more than a decade, but it seemed that every time they did something like this it would cause them to stare at each other in surprise then laugh like it was something that had never happened before. I groaned and leaned back in the chair I was sitting on, estimating that it would take a lot of time till they finally quietened down enough for me to speak.

Claire stopped laughing, took one look at me, then started up again. "Sorry..." She choked through her laughter "It's just... your face..." 

"Yeah," Sam said "You have your serious face on. It's hilarious, you look like you're about to murder someone,"

My 'serious face' twisted into one of extreme annoyance and then into what I thought was a neutral one. This obviously didn't work because it caused her to laugh even harder. Standing up and walking over to them, I took Claire's cereal bar and started eating it ravenously, sitting patiently till they stopped the laughter.

"Anyway, Anne, it really doesn't sound like he kidnapped you or he even would. First, you're here - not, like, dead or in some distant part of Australia..." Sam listed, ticking the first reason of with a finger "Second, why would he kidnap you? No offense, but I don't think he's the kidnapping type or you're the kind of person who would be kidnapped by him. Third," She paused as if thinking for a suitable reason, her third finger hovering mid-air and quivering as she tried to make a decision. 

"Third, he's totally hot." Claire added for her. Sam seemed to think this was reason enough and leaned over to enthusiastically high five her friend again.

I groaned and took another bite of Claire's cereal bar which she seemed to have forgotten about much to my luck. "Can we stop talking about how hot he is, and just get onto the bit where we exclaim about how much of a jerk he is?"