Reckless - Chapter Fifteen

December 12th... it's a year since I posted Chapter One of Reckless tomorrow! Time has gone by so quickly. I can't believe I haven't finished this yet. :') I decided to upload this today, because I was bored and this was here, all ready to post. 

R E C K L E S S . . . 

CHAPTER FIFTEEN-

“What happened with you guys in the canteen today?”

“That’s none of your business, Nora.”

“But everyone’s talking about it.”

“That doesn’t make it any more of your business.”

“Luna McMillan says that she heard you’d slept with Craig and made Sam jealous. She says that Sam’s had a crush on Craig for ages and you slept with him at the party on Friday just to annoy her,” she explained. I would’ve thought that it was a joke, if not for Nora’s perfectly straight face as she related this to me.

“That’s absolutely ridiculous. Sam only just met Craig last night and she didn’t really care about him. It was Claire who liked Craig…. What am I talking about? This doesn’t even deserve explanation. I didn’t sleep with Craig or anybody else for that matter.”

“Not even Chris?”

We were sat in Maths, on a table at the back, supposedly doing work. I still wasn’t sure why I was sat next to Nora, she seemed to have just appeared next to me as the class started and hadn’t stopped talking since.

Our class was combined with another, since our Maths teacher was still ill, and the room was full of the loud chatter of several students. The class we were with happened to have Darren and Jev as pupils, but none of them were there today. I was thankful but wary. Darren’s change in to a werewolf must be more terrible and dangerous than I’d previously thought.

“That better have been a joke,” I said flatly. “That’s disgusting. Why the hell would I ever sleep with Chris? Let alone willingly talk to him.”

Nora changed her approach at my icy glare. “Well Cleo Harding said that you and Claire had found Sam’s secret diary and she’d written about how much she hated you both.”

I stared at her in disbelief. “You’re mad.”

“I’d say that you were, to be honest. I saw how you were yelling at her in the canteen.”

“I wasn’t yelling!” I almost yelled.

“Okay, class,” called the teacher, Mr Lafferty. “Calm down and do your work now.”

The class kept on talking.

Mr Lafferty raised his voice. “Quieten down. I want the next half an hour to be silent work.”

I was only too happy to oblige.

As soon as the lesson ended I quickly handed in my work to the teacher and made a beeline for the door, ignoring anyone who dared to talk to me.

Sadly, I still had a lesson to go until I could talk to Claire. However, that lesson was Art, so I wasn’t that annoyed.

Ben greeted me as I walked in to the Art room, my hair was a mess and my clothes were rumpled after enduring the walk to the Art block in the raging wind but he showed no sign of noticing my messy appearance. He was bent over a large A2 sheet, scribbling light pencil designs all over it.

“Hey, Anne,” he said without looking up.

I perched on the stool next to him and gazed at his work, small drawings of everything imaginable covered the whole piece of paper. “This is amazing,” I breathed, looking at the intricate designs on the paper.