Chapter 8

I walked down the halls of Carrington High. It looked much better than it did last year. Probably from the donations of this rich kid, Jonah Kingston.

I walked towards my locker and saw Jonah on Dahlia...again. That boy needed to get his issues checked. Speaking of issues, Geoff's face popped into my head, but I internally swatted it away.

Dahlia was just too nice for her own good. Whatever he was saying to her made her face become red, so it must be something dirty.

"Don't you have something else to do? Like, I don't know, remove that stick up your ass?"

Dahlia giggled. He stared at her for a beat and turned to narrow his eyes at me.

"Watch your fucking mouth Anderson." He turned back to face Dahlia.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." I spoke to him and I honestly didn't blame him. Dahlia was easily the most beautiful girl in school, but she didn't flaunt it like other girls. In fact, she was nothing like these girls and I always had the strange urge to protect her. Her style though...I always gave her shit on it.

"Don't say that to Ramara." That was Dahlia. She didn't want to defend her honor, but she wanted to defend mine.

"Oh? I shouldn't say it to her? Who should I say it to? You? I have a few ways to shut your mouth."
He smirked. I had to admit he was good looking, but he was rotten and I had no interest in him.

"Come on Dahlia." She moved towards me, but he placed a hand on her hip and leaned towards her.

"Go away Anderson. I have things to discuss with mia dolcezza."

I looked at Dahlia and she smiled, encouraging me to go on. I took a long look at them. He may say he hates her, but maybe even he didn't realize that he was always there wherever she was. She deserves better, but the lad was probably obsessed with her.

I walked to my first class and soon enough, it was time to go home. Home. Geoff's home. I was walking out of school when I saw an all too familiar Audi.

I quickly walked towards Geoff leaning against the door. I wanted to ask him if he was my chauffeur now, but refrained. He would make me kneel and I wouldn't be surprised.

I stopped and saw some girls gawking and it was annoying. All they see is an attractive rich man. They don't see the darkness lurking underneath.

I quickly got in the car and just as he was about to get in the car, Emma
gave him a piece of paper and winked. He looked down at the paper and shot her a look of disgust that even I winced. He threw the paper away and got in the car.

The people at school called her easy Emma, but I was never one to use names. But, I guess easy Emma got what was coming for her.

My jaw ticked in annoyance by looking at Geoff.

"Jealous?" He started the engine.

"Annoyed? Yes. Jealous? No."

When we got on the road, I spoke.
"From bodyguard to chauffeur. Here I thought attorneys were busy."
My own mother never picked me up from school and this man who barely even knew me came for me.

"Are you going to pick me up everyday?"

"No." He didn't spare me a glance as he kept on driving. I knew we weren't going to his house when he took a sharp right turn instead of left. He parked his Audi in front of a Chevrolet dealership.

"Getting a new car?" I stepped out and asked him.

He said nothing as he held my hand and walked me into the car dealership. I tried to free my grip, but that just made him hold on tighter.

A sales rep came to us and spoke to Geoff. Geoff turned to me.
"Which one do you want?"

I stared at him in surprise.
"I don't want anything."

"That's fine. Let's go to the Tesla dealership then."

"No!" I blurted out. "I don't want a car."

"That's not up for debate. You either pick one or I pick for you."

"You're not my sugar daddy." I crossed my arms across my beating chest. What was his problem?

"That's right. I didn't fuck you yet. I'm still your stepfather." I widened my eyes and glanced at the sales rep who was pretending to check her nails. God, he was so crude.

"Please, I don't want a car."

"She'll take that one." He pointed to a black Chevrolet Impala 2020.

Oh god.
"Thank you, but no. I can't be indebted to you."

"I can think of ways for you to pay."

My anger surged at that. The sales rep went inside the office building.
"I am NOT a whore!"

He stepped dangerously close to me and gripped my chin.
"I didn't fuck you yet dorogoy. This doesn't make you my whore. It is simply my responsibility."

There was no convincing with this man, so I tried a different method. I captured his face in my hands and and peered into his grey depths.

"That's too much for me to accept Geo." Hey, he was the one who started calling me Remy.

His jaw clenched and nostrils flared. I didn't know if that was a good sign or bad.

"You can pay me back."

"I don't have that much money, but I can gradually pay it back."

"Since you don't have to pay rent anymore, you can pay for the car in installments if it makes you feel better."

I nodded. "It'll make me feel better."

I let go of his face as he and I stepped into the office to sign paperwork.

I had my drivers license, but I never had a car. I felt bad taking the car, but I would pay it back to him. With that thought in mind, I followed his black audi in my new Chevy.