Chapter 11

The next morning, I woke up feeling hot and tingly. My body ached and I couldn't get up from my bed. I touched a hand to my forehead and groaned. This was not a good time to get a fever.

I panted. It was a bad move. Morning breath. I got up, crawled on all fours to the bathroom and managed to brush my teeth, sitting on the toilet.

I crawled back the way I came, which unfortunately took longer since I used up my energy to brush, but the good thing was I didn't have bad breath anymore.

I pulled myself up on the bed and sprawled out on the cool sheets which felt cool against my body.

I fell back asleep and when I woke up again, my eyes collided with cool grey ones.

"Oh hey." I managed to say even though I wanted to ask him what he was doing in my room.

"What's wrong with you?" He crossed his arms across his chest.

"It's called catching the flu Einstein. Go away if you don't want to catch it." I slurred.

"One would think you'd be a bit more nice to me after buying you a car."

"I didn't ask for it. Keep saying those things, and I'll drive the car into an ocean."

His lips quirked, as if fighting a smile. I evoked an emotion in Captain Blankface.

He removed a thermometer from somewhere and put it in my mouth.

"I hope this is not what was stuck up your ass this whole time." I mumbled around it.

He grabbed my face and came closer to me.
"Careful. Test me and I'll drag you to the confession room."

I did believe that and glared at him. When the thermometer beeped, he took it out of my mouth and looked at it with pursed lips.

"Go away Geoff. I don't want you to catch this." He was already insufferable, as is.

"I don't get sick dorogoy."

I rolled my eyes, but the action hurt my head.

"I will come back."

He was surprisingly being sweet. My chest swelled and I fell back asleep.

When cool fingers touched my forehead, I woke up again. Geoff stood above me and I raised both my arms in the air.

I did some pretty dumb stuff when I was sick, but he must've understood. He hesitated for a moment before placing his torso between my upraised arms. I closed my arms around him and inhaled, playing with the hair on the nape of his neck. It was closely cut, but he had lots of hair on the top of his head.

He placed his arms under me and lifted me into a sitting position.

I slumped, and that's when he started removing my shirt.

"No!" I caught his hand.

He didn't listen and I kept on pushing his hands away.

"Stop!" He finally managed to whip my shirt off my body.

"You son of-" I cut myself off when I looked at the veiled anger in his gaze.

He didn't look at my body, he brought a bucket of water and a sponge.

He got to work, soaking my body with cold water. It made me moan with relief. I was expecting him to grope me or fondle me, but he did no such thing. He just cleaned my body like a dutiful nurse. The thought made me laugh.

He narrowed his eyes at me and went back to work. While he appeared very much unaffected, it wasn't the same for me. My nipples hardened and warmth pooled between my legs. I was ashamed and disgusted with myself. He must've known what was happening because I swear I saw a hint of a smirk. Bastard.

He avoided my nipples, only washing around my breasts. He avoided between my legs too and I was equal parts relieved and equal parts irritated. It didn't make sense, why I was wet for him. He was my stepfather for God's sake.

I pushed the irritation to the back of my head. I was sick, that's why my brain was befuddled with such thoughts.

I didn't need him to know that I was wet there. He could think it was because of the water, but I was just fooling myself into thinking that.

My skin was flushed the entire time. My naked body on display for him. I took the sponge out of his hands and scrubbed the parts he didn't get. His eyes were lasers as he watched the sponge between my legs and on my breasts.

"I'm done." I announced.
He brought out a shirt which wasn't mine. It was his button up.

I didn't know he owned tropical cotton button ups. He slipped the shirt on me, buttoning it all the way to the bottom which was just above my knees.

Honestly, it was really comfortable.
He went out of the room for a few minutes and came back with a tray of something hot. I could see the steam wafting from whatever it was that he brought.

He set it on the bedside table and sat on the edge of the bed.
"I'm sorry for keeping you from work."

He gave me a look. The look which told me to shut up. He took the bowl of soup in his hands and I knew he planned on feeding me. I went to reach for it, but my hands were shaking and I knew if I held the bowl, the hot soup would spill on my body. It would result in him giving me another bath and I didn't want that, so I dropped my hands to my sides.

He held a spoon in front of my mouth and I stared at him wide eyed.

"My tongue will burn off."

He shook his head and blew the spoonful of soup and then held it against my mouth. My cheeks burned as my lips closed over the spoon. The soup tasted so good to my mouth. I wondered who cooked the food here.

He blew every spoonful of soup before feeding it to me and I managed to finish the whole bowl.

After that, he handed me two pills that I quickly swallowed.

"Thank you Geo." I smiled at him and watched as he shut the door behind him.