Chapter 14

"Good evening! What can I get for you today?" I asked the middle aged lady standing in front of me.

"I would love a bubble tea and a scone."

As I prepared her bubble tea, I heated up a scone. I put them both on a tray and placed it in front of her.

"Thank you." She tipped the jar and went to take a seat at an empty table.

The door opened again and I gritted my teeth in anger. Chelsea and her entourage. She was the queen bitch. I had beef with her and I did not want her in my cafè. But, when I saw Dahlia walk behind them, worry gnawed at my gut.

I saw that there were no new customers and went to their table.

"Dahlia! What are you doing here?"

She smiled at me. "Chelsea wanted to get to know me better."

I looked over at Chelsea and grimaced when she smirked.

I dragged Dahlia behind the counter and spoke so my voice reached only her ears.

"You can't possibly believe her, do you?"

She tucked some of her hair behind her ear.
"I just wanted to try and make more friends."
I believed having one best friend is better than having a couple meaningless friends, but I sighed regardless and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Okay, if anything goes wrong, you know where to find me." I said to her and she gave me a beautiful smile before heading back to their table.

I thought me and Brandon were enough. I quashed that thought as soon as it came and started another batch of coffee.

When Geoff came through the doors, I narrowed my eyes at him, but took his order regardless. I wouldn't put it past him to complain about my discrepancies to the owner.

So, I gave him his coffee and watched as he took the only empty table available, which was beside the group of teenage girls.

I saw them ogling him and looked away. A girl from school came to give her order and I made quick work of making sandwiches. I even made the iced coffees in record time.

I piled everything, including some warm blueberry muffins on to two trays. She held one in her arms and looked at me. I rolled my eyes, but took the other tray regardless and dropped it at their table when I heard Chelsea speaking.

"What's a sexy man like you doing all by yourself?" I knew she was asking Geoff and an uneasy and unfamiliar feeling churned in my stomach and I couldn't walk away.

I scanned the cafè and saw that there were still no new customers and Chelsea was being a real bitch.

I walked over to Geoff's table and stood behind his chair. I placed a hand on the edge of his chair and he tilted his head back to look at me.

I flushed. I didn't know what I was doing and just as I was about to walk away, when I saw Chelsea's face turn red, he grabbed my hand and pulled me down. I braced myself with a hand on the table.

I felt his breath on my neck as he dragged my hand over his erection. I blusher harder and tried to drag my hand away. He eventually let me go and got up as well. He walked out the door and before I went back behind the counter, I heard Chelsea call me a slut.

Everyone knew she was the biggest slut.

After I locked up the shop, it was dark. I danced and walked to my car and as soon I was inside, I took out Geoff's picture from my console and scowled at it. I put it back and drove home.

I pulled up into the gravel driveway and got out. I didn't see Geoff's car and I had to use my key to get inside. Looks like the mother isn't here tonight either. I went straight to my room and took a shower. After that, I did all my homework and I went down to the kitchen, prepared to cook something, but when I saw a woman in the kitchen, I screamed.

She screamed as well and looked at me with rounded eyes. After we both calmed down, I walked into the kitchen.

"Who are you?" I asked her.

"I am the cook, Yvette. You must be Ramara." She said with a Spanish accent.

I breathed out in relief.
"How did you get in?"

"I have key. I was here for the last hour."

Wow, I didn't even notice.

"I made tacos. I was leaving." She explained.

"Thank you Yvette. You make the most delicious food. I've never had the chance to meet you, but you're an amazing chef."

She gave me a satisfied grin.
"Only the best for the best. I take my leave now, yes?"

"Okay, but won't you eat?"

"No chica, I eat with my husband."

"Oh okay."

She waved at me as she went out through the kitchen door and I waved back.

I smelled tacos and my stomach grumbled. I ate two and washed my plate.

I took a seat on the couch and turned on the TV, but my thoughts kept wandering back to Dahlia. Didn't she know Chelsea had an ulterior motive? But, I wasn't Dahlia's keeper. I wish I was though. I wouldn't let her go near Chelsea.

I sighed as my mood instantly soured. At some point, I must've fallen asleep, because I jolted awake when I felt a presence near me. I looked to the side and sighed in relief when I saw it was just Geoff.

He looked as if he just showered and he held a tub of Rocky Road in his hands. He even brought a spoon.

I took it from his hands and opened it.
"Thank you." My previous distress was instantly forgotten.

I took the spoon from him and put a spoonful in my mouth as he watched me.

"What? I'm not giving you any."

"You'll eat all of it?"

I shrugged. "I might." I felt better with the more spoonfuls I took.

"What's your motive behind this?"

He looked at me with a blank expression.
"I thought it was a one way ticket to your pussy."

"You're such a-" Disgusting pig, I wanted to say, but I knew without a doubt, he would drag me to the confession room again.

I chose not to respond and put the half eaten container on the table.

When I saw him get on the ground in front of me, I furrowed my brows and when I felt his hand between my legs, I snapped my gaze to his.