Chapter 16

After Geoff used and discarded me like I was some whore, I did what I always did. What I was best at. Picking myself up.

I threw on the discarded T-shirt and went to my room to wipe out any trace of Geoff from my body. I didn't regret what I did. Like all the other bad experiences in my life, it taught me a lesson. A valuable one at that.

This time, I wore some pants. I didn't like wearing them at night, but I would have to bear with it.

I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. The leggings were scratchy on my legs and I hated that I had to wear them.

Sleep eventually came, but it didn't last long. I was up at 4 a.m. The difficulties of insomnia. I didn't want to take pills either, not that I ever visited a doctor for that.

After trying to fall asleep again and failing, I trudged to the bathroom. The soreness between my legs was a reminder of what happened last night. The asshole didn't even ask if I was on any contraception, he just assumed. But it was sheer luck that I take birth control pills. I trusted Geoff enough to know he wouldn't endanger me with an STD. I trusted him enough to have sex with him.

It wasn't a momentary lapse of judgement. I could still remember the need to be filled.

I dressed in my usual attire and went to the kitchen. I was hungry, so I scrambled some eggs and ate them silently at the the kitchen counter.

It was a good thing Geoff wasn't there. I went back to my room, combed my wavy red hair and grabbed my backpack.

Just as I was about to step out the door, I silently crossed the arch beside the staircase and peeked into my mother's room to see her sleeping. We haven't spoken since we moved into Geoff's house.

Closing her door, I crossed the front door and stared at my car. Really, it was Geoff's car. Who was I kidding? I couldn't pay him back for this car. It would take me two to three years. I can't afford to pay him when I'm saving up for college.

I need to save all the money I could. The car wasn't me. I'm not rich, but I'm proud to be poor. I didn't depend on anyone, but myself. Even though I was staying in Geoff's house, I still bought some groceries.

Now that he really did fuck me, that car symbolizes how he treated me last night. Like his whore.

That just wouldn't do, so I called Brandon and asked him to pick me up. I texted him the address as I sat on the steps of the house.

When I saw Bran's black Subaru pull up into the driveway, I jumped to my feet and when he came out of the car, I launched myself at him.

He easily caught me in his arms. Always. He offered me comfort and for that, I would always be grateful.

"You're lucky you're pint size."

I stuck my tongue out at him and got into the passenger seat.

I guess he was right. I was pint sized with my 5'2 frame compared to his 6'2 frame.

"Trouble in paradise?" He asked as he pulled out of the driveway.

I raised a questioning brow at him.

"What happened to your car?" He asked, glancing at me.

"Well, it's not really my car, you know. It's Geoff's and I don't want to use it."

He took one long look at me and nodded to himself.
"You bumped uglies with him, eh?"

I choked on my saliva.
"I did not!"

He gave me a meaningful glance.
"You did babe."

Color flooded my cheeks.
"How the hell did you know?" It was stupid to deny it at this point.

"Daddy Bran knows everything honey."

I looked at him with wide eyes and whatever he saw in my face made his eyes go round as well. That was only for a second before he burst out laughing.

Eyes still on the road, he spoke to me.
"Fuck. He makes you call him daddy, doesn't he?"

"No!"

"It's alright, I'll settle for Papa Bran."

I groaned and covered my face with my hands.

He laughed and he still continued to laugh as he pulled up into an empty spot in the school's parking lot.

He grabbed my bag before I could protest, so I grabbed his bag before he could protest.

He shook his head at me.
"What? I can't let Papa Bran carry both the loads. I need his shoulders to catch me."

He tugged me closer to him and my chest swelled with affection once again.

"So what about college babe?"

"I applied for scholarships at University of Minnesota, Chicago State University and California State University."

"Cool." He said silently.

I looked up at him.
"Hey, don't go all sullen on me. What about you?"

He shrugged. "I don't think college is for me."

"I think you should put up your own gallery."

Brandon's art was eye opening. It was so brilliant, but our boy is too modest to boast about the success of his first show a few months ago.

His cheeks turned pink as we entered the building and walked to our lockers.

"Don't blush my baby boy. If I was rich, I'd hang every painting in my bedroom."

"And if I wasn't gay, I would fuck you six ways to Sunday."

We both looked at each other and wheezed in laughter.
"That is definitely not something you should be saying to me." I said between bouts of laughter.

"Have you seen Dahlia?" I asked him after our laughter subsided.

He shook his head and I sighed.
"I swear that girl is too nice for her own good."

"Says you." He countered.

"Hey, people have to earn my kindness. Dahlia gives her kindness to everyone. I saw her with Chelsea and her troupe yesterday."

I quickly texted her and sighed in relief when she said she was in the lab.

The day passed by uneventfully. The only think I looked forward to was my English assignment on what we think we should do in our lives and what inspired it.