Chapter 27

"I'm ready." I hollered to Geoff. I slung my backpack over my shoulder. Only two days worth of clothes resided in my bag. I didn't plan on staying for long.

Geoff came out a few seconds later clad in a light blue button up shirt, grey slacks and sunglasses. He had a backpack on his shoulder too, but it was much more classier than mine. He looked good enough to eat.

"Come." I blushed and took his outstretched hand.

"I bet you're soaked right now dorogoy."

"Jesus. Is that all you ever think about?"

He seemed to think for some time.
"I think about your tits."

I rolled my eyes. "You're impossible."

His big, warm hand engulfed mine and led me outside.

"Wait. What about my mother?"

"I sent her away." He buckled me in the passenger seat.

"To where?" I asked slowly.

"Don't worry dorogoy. She's safe."

Actually, I could care less about her. But, there's always this tiny niggling feeling in my heart no matter how much I try to stop it.

When he tossed his bag in the backseat with mine and started the car, I asked him,

"Did you really marry my mother?" I stared down at my hands, but I needed to gauge his reaction.

I looked at him to find him looking at me with a clenched jaw.
"Would you believe me if I told you?"

"I would." I said immediately, that even I was surprised.

"I didn't marry that bitch."

I huffed. "Is everyone a bitch to you?"

"You're not." He said, making my heart warm.

"Then why did you do the whole charade of marrying her?"

"I couldn't kidnap you, but I didn't want to really marry her either, so I faked the whole ceremony to make you believe it. I'm not a man who breaks his promises and I certainly did not want to make any vows to her. I do not consider her as my wife."

"Then what about all the people at the wedding?"

"They know I didn't marry her. They're....friends of sorts. It was all just to make you believe."

"Why?" He didn't answer. I knew he wouldn't. But, that didn't mean my curiosity wasn't peaked.

"So you paid my mother huh?"

"No one hurts my dorogoy except me. No one calls my dorogoy a whore except me."

He curled his hand possessively around my thigh. I smiled, despite myself. "That's pretty twisted."

I traced the ring on his finger and traced each other finger. Even the sight of his hands sent warm heat straight to my core. They were strong and masculine with a light sprinkling of golden hair on his long fingers.

"You're making me hard Remy."

I glanced over and sure enough there was a bulge in his slacks.

I rolled my eyes. "When are you ever not hard?"

Soon enough, we reached the airport and Geoff was carrying both our bags. We went through the security checks and boarded the flight. Somehow, he managed to secure a seat right next to mine.

We spent the two and a half hours playing twenty one questions. He rolled his eyes at every question, but answered them regardless. He liked swimming, his favorite color was green, his favorite dish was something Russian called Borscht. I would need to Google it later. Whenever I asked about his childhood, I was immediately shut down.

Then, we were getting off the flight and getting into a cab.

I'd told my dad the other day that Geoff was coming too. I had been packing, the phone was on speaker and Geoff had been on my bed giving me his bedroom eyes. When my dad had told me that he was going to send a driver, Geoff shook his head, so I told my dad not to send a driver.

So after I rattled off the address to the cab driver, I texted my dad that we were on our way. When we reached his big two storey mansion in the gated community he lived in, Geoff paid the cab driver and got out with me.

I squeezed Geoff's hand and he looked surprised, but quickly masked it after kissing my hand.

I climbed the steps to the front door and rang the door bell. I tapped my foot nervously, but when Geoff ran a hand through my hair, I instantly calmed.

The door opened and a tall blonde woman with a casual shirt and jeans opened the door.

"Sandra!" I hugged her tight and she returned the hug, equally as hard.

"Let me see you sugar." She framed my face in her hands and looked down at me.

"You get more beautiful every time I see you darling."

"I should say that to you, but thanks."

I looked back at Geoff in fear that he would look at Sandra like he looks at me, but I didn't need to be worried, because he flicked a glance at Sandra and returned his gaze to mine.

"Where are my manners? Come on inside."

I took Geoff's arm and led him inside.

"Forgive my rudeness, but you are Ramara's stepfather, if I'm not wrong?"

"Yes. Geoff Vasily." I noticed that he didn't extend his hand to her, but just gave a curt nod. The big, bad Geoff didn't belive in pleasantries. I would expect nothing less.

"You're just in time for lunch. Dave's in the dining hall."

I followed her and took Geoff's hand in mine when she wasn't looking. He buried his face in my hair and inhaled.
"I'm so fucking angry Ramara."

"Why?"

"Too many reasons to count."

We entered the dining room with disconnected hands and I saw my dad sitting at the table with his neatly combed, greying red hair.

Upon seeing us, he immediately stood up and walked toward me.

"Baby girl, you're here."

"I am." He wrapped his arms around me and nearly lifted me off the ground.

"Can't breathe." I wheezed.

He chuckled and put me down. It was then he noticed Geoff. He gave him a once over and was in business mode.

"Dave Anderson." He held out his hand for Geoff to shake.

I really hoped he took it. He glanced at me and whatever he saw in my face must have propelled him to take my Dad's hand.

"Geoff Vasily." My dad's eyes slightly widened.

"So, we finally meet."