Chapter 29

That day when we had returned to Minnesota, there was an ache between my legs. I couldn't walk properly.

Geoff promised that he would fuck me so hard that I'd be able to feel him between my legs for days. His exact words. I came six times. I didn't know that was possible, but it was proved that day.

I finished my shift at the cafè and drove home. Three days of Geoff ignoring me. I tried talking to him, but he was so rude and dismissive. I didn't know what his problem was, but I was about to find out today, one way or the other.

I parked my truck and jumped out. I saw Geoff's car in the driveway and marched up the front steps. I unlocked the door with my key and went to his study.

I didn't even bother knocking. I just opened the door and placed my hands on my hips.

"What is your problem?"

He barely glanced at me.
"Get out."

"What?"

"I didn't know you were deaf Ramara. I said Get. Out."

I ignored him and stepped closer to him.
"What's wrong?"

"The fact that you barge into my study like it's your fucking house is my problem."

Silence ensued.
"I don't think that. If I recall correctly, you ran me out of my own apartment."

He rolled his eyes, but was focused on whatever he was doing.
"I did you a favor by removing you from that pig sty."

"Yeah? Well, not everyone's rich like you. You're hurting my feelings."

He scoffed. "Why the fuck would I care? Like I said from the beginning, you're just my whore. What else did you think? That I loved you?"

Didn't he?

I cleared my throat. "I just thought..."

"What? That I care about your feelings?"

I stared at his cold grey eyes.
"I don't." He said.

"Alright." I said calmly as if his words didn't just gut me. My stomach was churning, my heart was in my throat and I swallowed.

"Then why do you sleep next to me?" I didn't even know how I was able to form words at this point.

"Any woman would suffice. You're not special. You were there at the time."

"Why didn't you do it with Scarlett or my mother then?"

He casually lifted a shoulder.
"They're easy. You're fiesty."

"Why did you pay my mother 'not to hurt me'?"

"I don't fuck damaged goods."

"So that is all I am to you?"

"Yes."

"Don't touch me again Geoff. I'm serious. Oh and by the way, you're a bastard."

"You don't need to tell me. I'm done with you."

I turned around and stormed away. I needed air. I got into my truck and drove aimlessly. First, I was burning with rage, so naturally, I got out of my truck and kicked any stone in my path. I knew I was wasting precious gas, but I needed this.

After kicking stones, I called Brandon when I was overwhelmed with grief.

"Hey, are you free?"

"Is this a booty call?"

I snickered. "Meet be by the lake?"

"Sure babe. On my way."

I made a quick stop to a gas station and bought two bottles of cheap vodka and refilled my tank. I shouldn't be spending like this, but fuck it.

I was never one to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but then again, I've never had my heart torn out because of my new blossoming love with a man nearly twice my age who saw me as nothing more than his fuck toy. I might have been in love with him before I came to realize it.

I drove to the lake and spotted Brandon's Subaru. Luckily, we were the only ones there.

I took a blanket from the back seat- I'd always kept it there just in case of emergencies.

I held the blanket under one arm and the cheap vodka under the other and strode to Brandon leaning against his car.

He took the vodka and blanket from me and scrunched his brows.
"You okay?"

I took a deep breath as he spread the blanket. "Did you ever love the wrong person?" I asked as I sat down beside him.

I cracked open a bottle as he stared at me.
"Well?" I took a swig. I gagged at the taste, but I liked the burn in my throat.

"There's no wrong when it comes to love little flame." He stared into the lake.

"God, it feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest." That's when the tears started falling. I didn't let that deter me from demolishing half the bottle though. I also loved that Brandon didn't take the bottle away from me.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
"Hey, don't cry."

"I t-thought we had something special, you know?"

He looked down at me and I could see the gentle smile on his face.
"Then, he's a fool for not seeing what's right in front of him."

"Thanks Bran. You're the best." I sniffled and downed the rest of the bottle.

"Why aren't you drinking?" I looked at Brandon and hiccuped. My words slurred in my mouth.

"That's definitely enough for you."

I fell back on the blanket and stared up at the stars and started crying again.
"I love him." I sobbed, turning my face into the blanket. I felt my back heaving with my sobs. My chest was caving in.

"But h-he just thinks I'm some w-whore."

"Jesus Christ." I heard Brandon hiss.

He turned me to face him and loomed over me.
"No more crying over a dick, got it? You're my amazing, beautiful, ferocious little flame."

He wiped my tears with his hands and lifted me up. "I'm taking you home."

I don't have a home. Geoff is my home. I started crying again.

"Honey, stop crying. It's doing things to me."

I snorted, even knowing that my face was a mess. I was too drunk to care anyway. I took a step forward and stumbled, but Bran lifted me into his arms.

"I looooovvee youuu Brandonnn."

"I know you do. I'd be appalled if you didn't."

He deposited me in the passenger seat of my pick up truck and got in the driver's seat.

I almost fell asleep but startled when the car came to sudden stop.
I giggled because I saw two Brandons.
"You haaave a twiiin." I laughed some more.

He banged his head against the steering wheel and got out, picking me up and ringing the doorbell. The door almost immediately opened. My vision was bleary and glassy.

A very loud verbal fight ensued, which was like hammering against my skull.
"Stoooooooppppp!" I groaned. Instant silence. Well, that was easy.

I was put into another set of arms. I noticed it the exact time I smelled spice.

After Brandon went, the tears resting on my lower lids fell out with huge sobs.

"Put me dowwwwn." I slurred and scrambled to get to my feet.