⋆10༄ Dishwasher.

Hello! How are you today? ➷♡➹ I just wanted to say thank you for: being patient, for sticking to my story, for your support, for already 4K views on 17 Made Mistakes and over 67k views on 17 Missed Calls. I'm really pleased that you enjoy my work *tearing up emoji*. You are really amazing, thank you again. :)

Enjoy the chapter!

——————————

Davina's POV

Regardless of the late hour I couldn't help but walk all the way to the restaurant where I was supposed to meet Mason. The fury that I was feeling after Will had rung me was beyond devitalizing and enervating. I badly needed fresh air however, this walk wasn't really making my anger subside.

He confessed that he still loves her. That he missed her. I wouldn't have believed a word he said if he was having sex with Avery, but the fact that I clearly heard a different name got me worried. I didn't know Will before I started uni, and it still seems like I have no idea who he really is. Maybe it was his friend from the past, maybe he did have a girlfriend after all, and lied to me about it. He lied about so many things that nothing would shock me anymore therefore, when I heard him on the phone, I knew that there were pure, evil intentions behind his childish action. Whether he meant what he said to that girl or not, he wanted me to hear it. He wanted me to be hurt, probably just the way he is hurting himself now, and I still don't know why.

The truth is, I didn't hang up because I couldn't listen to him having sex anymore. He's done so many things in the past to humiliate me that I've become numb to his misdeeds by now. I even caught him red handed with a girl in his bed, tied up with ropes, so the conversation he made me listen to over the phone couldn't really bother me. It actually made me somewhat pleased because now I had his number.

The real reason behind me ending the phone call was the thought of Nathan. In that very moment I understood him, the disgust towards the person that you thought still loved you. Until today I've been thinking that he was hurt when Will once made me tell him the truth about the bathroom blowjob that I had given him, but when this very similar thing happened to me a couple of minutes ago — the phone call — I understood. There was no pain. There was just fury and abhorrence.

With my head buzzing because of all these unbidden thoughts I finally reach the doorstep of my current workplace. Through the giant windows I can see the interior of the eatery, now bathed in a dim, warm, almost burnt-orange light. The tables are cleaned with no guests sat at them, the stuff members are nowhere in sight which means that all of them have gone home by now, making Mason the only person present at this place. Wherever he is.

Having pushed the door open regardless of the closed sign facing my way, I walk inside. "Mason?" I say quietly, moving forward in a slow, quite anxious manner. "Hello?" I ask a bit louder but my only answer is the silence ringing in my ears.

Lowering my brows I look around, finally deciding to go into the only place where I could probably find him — the staff room.

As I push the door open my eyes immediately widen, my throat becomes tight at the sight of him being shirtless.

Holy moly!; my subconscious breathes, molten inside, using her hand as a fan.

"Some privacy?" Mason says, his eyebrows arched in an annoyed manner.

"I, um... I'm... yeah, sorry," I stutter, clearing my throat right after, promptly turning on my heel to leave the staff room but that's when his voice reaches my ears again.

"I was only joking," he laughs heartily, reaching out for something on top of the racks burdened with drinks. "Your apron," he says, extending his arm for me to collect it from his hand.