⋆48༄ Like mother, like daughter

IMPORTANT

Next chapter will be the last chapter of this volume.

Just like in the book one, please make yourself known (even if you've never voted nor commented) so I can add you to the "thank you credit list" at the end of this volume.

Enjoy x

__________

"Davina," my mother speaks softly, gingerly.

"Just leave me alone," I grumble back, staring at the TV in front of me. When Peter Griffin makes a funny remark, I cackle, purposely making my mother feel even worse about attempting to speak to me.

She takes a few hesitant steps towards the sofa. "Just talk to me, please."

"I've tried to talk to you a hundred of times, but each time I did, you acted like I was crazy," I spit, then turn up the volume until the speakers blare insufferably.

She sits down beside me and takes the remote from my hand. The TV goes blank with one single click.

"I really need you to listen to me."

I snap my head in her direction. "Did you tell dad? How did he react? Was he proud? Are you proud of yourself?" The anger spurts out. I've been avoiding my father for the past few days, in case he was involved in this deluded lie. I wouldn't have stood another disappointment. Not from my dad.

"Yes, I did," she says calmly. "He wanted to talk to you, but I thought it'd be better if I do it first."

"I guess he'll have to wait then, because I'm not having this conversation with you." I reobtain the remote and switch the TV back on.

"Davina–"

"Will you let me watch in peace or shall just leave?" I glare at her, unyielding.

My mother sighs in capitulation. "Okay," she says quietly, and even though it makes my heart break, I completely ignore her as she gets up from the settee.

I know it's wrong of me to act so frigid towards her. I know that I should talk to her and probably forgive her, after all, I didn't have an issue with pardoning Will, but him and her are two different stories. She's my mother. Someone who I should look up to, not be lied by. I need more time to overcome the resentment that I've got for her.

As I turn down the volume from its ungodly level, there is a knock on the door. I shift my head towards the kitchen, hoping my mother would get it, but she must've gone upstairs. I hoist myself off the sofa and open the door.

"Hi." Rayna stands in front of me, looking much healthier than the last time I saw her.

My brows twitch in surprise. "Hi."

"May I come in, please? I'd like to talk to you."

"Yeah, sure." I swing the door fully open so she can step inside. "Make yourself at home," I say, then saunter towards the kitchen whilst she hangs her purse on one of the hooks. "You can grab a pair of sliders!" I shout, knowing she's probably taking off her sandals.