⋆15༄ Evidence.

Hello! Welcome to another update. I am literally typing with one hand because for the first time in 3 years I'm having my nails done, lmao. Also, I just wanted to say how moved I am seeing that some of you follow only famous people on wattpad, like, with at least 10K followers, and there is me among them that you follow, so thank you so much ♡. I really appreciate everyone who comes back to my updates, hope you'll also enjoy this one. Love you xx

——————————

"Your what?" I gush, stupefied, staring at Mason in disbelief.

"My address. Where did you get it from?" he demands, his demeanor has utterly changed.

"No," I mutter more to myself than him. "You can't be." I shake my head, inwardly praying for this to be only a joke that someone's pulling on me.

"I can't be what, Davina?" he insists, shooting me an impatient look.

"Connor's brother. Tell me that you are not his brother," I tumble out, hoping from the bottom of my heart for this to be only a misunderstanding.

"Wait, you know him?" he asks, instantly proving that my worst assumption is in fact correct.

"No, no, no. This is not possible. You look completely different. You don't even bear the same surname," I point out, my temples pulsate from this awful revelation.

"That's because he changed it once he turned eighteen," he explains, gazing into my eyes.

"What? Why?"

"He had a good reason," he responds enigmatically.

"Beverly was his reason, wasn't she?" I dare to ask, my throat tight in nerves.

"So you know," he murmurs, sliding his eyes to the road in front of us, turning the engine of his car off.

"All I know is that Connor cheated on her and that's why she killed herself." I give a mindless shrug of my shoulders.

"How do you even know my brother?" he asks, curious, his tone slightly calmer now.

"He transferred to my university. I met him through someone who used to be my best friend. They were together for a while."

"Oh, alright," he says, turning his face to me. "So why exactly were you going to see my older brother?" he questions, the colour of his blue eyes brightens a little as he eventually relaxes.

"He told me that there is something I should see. Something about Beverly." I shrug, clueless of what it might be. "Apparently she wasn't the person who I imagine her as." I stare at Mason, pursing my lips to one side in musing. "But you knew her for sure. Do you have any idea what Connor wants to show me so badly?"

"Of course I did. Beverly was one of the prettiest, sweetest and purest people I've ever known. I'll never understand why my brother decided to be unfaithful." He shakes his head as if striving to get this information out of his mind. "And no, I don't have a clue what he wants to show you." He shrugs, turning the key in the ignition, starting the car up anew. "But now I'm really curious, so let's find out," he says, and pulls out onto the road.

~~~~~~~~~~

During the drive I asked Mason a few questions. Now I knew that him and Connor haven't really spoken to each for a couple of months since Connor slept with Amy. Regardless of the horrible thing that his older brother did to him, Mason tried not to put too much blame on his sibling, explaining that firstly, if his ex-partner loved him, she would have never cheated, and that Connor had a few really bad years after Beverly had jumped off the overpass — everybody took her death out on him, sometimes in very drastic, terrible ways, in the end causing him to first change his surname and then schools so no one would recognize him. Mason also revealed that soon after Beverly had died, Connor became unreconizably different, and that the difficult situation he was put in must've been the real reason why he slept with Amy.