⋆22༄ In the end.

Dedicated to tvesha04
Thanks for the daily support

Thank you for all the patience! I've been constantly working on many projects, and I'd rather take my time than post something poor in quality. Enjoy the chapter!

__________

Nathan Fall. The rebellious looking perfection is standing right in front of me. I know that we've been together once, and I should have recognized him much earlier, but he really looks like someone else when he's turned around.

Before, his skin was tattooless, his hair wasn't black, and it was of a completely different length and style. He must've also gained a few inches because he's somewhat taller now. He's not even wearing his distinctive heavy boots. Nathan — not wearing his boots. This is monumental. There is also the broadness of his shoulders. He surely must've been exercising over the past three months. He's not excessively muscular, but in an ideal, healthy shape.

He looks at me. "I know that you'd provided us with a reference image of what you want, but I've made a few projects if you'd like to see them?" He obtains a ring binder from beside him and passes it to me. He then sits down onto a stool.

I blush at how wonderful he looks with his elbows resting atop his spread legs. "Sure." My voice is timid. I open the binder.

Nathan's eyes, just like mine, dally over the pages. "Why this particular script then?" he asks, even though he knows.

I flip to another page.

The ink that I've decided to get is a simple inscription. It means the world to me, and the fact that Nathan is going to be the one getting it done, must be a sign that I'm making the right choice.

I flip the page again. My eyes study the variety of different fonts, all reading one solitary word — 'better'.

I draw in a breath. My heart thrashes against my chest at the memory of Nathan's Christmas letter, yet I venture with a reply, "'It's a hello to something what future holds for us, something possibly better, and if we are each other's future, we'll meet again–'"

"'Hopefully being 'the better' then,'" he says with understanding. His eyes withhold some severe intensity, which after a brief moment of him thinking about something, dissipates, and whatever it was in his stare that made it feel like we just had a moment, becomes absent. "Interested in any?" he asks abruptly, pointing with his head at the binder.

I lick my lips, ready to cull. "Actually, I liked . . ." I begin, flipping back to the desired page. "This one." I press my fingertip against one of the dainty scripts, designed in a gorgeous, red, handwritten font.

"Brilliant. I'll get the stencil ready." He retrieves the binder from my hands and walks off towards the printer.

There is a multitude of questions that tumble around my head. Things that I need to ask him, so when he finally reappears, I speak up, "How come are you working in the summer?"

He shrugs, preparing all the necessities. "Why not?"

I frown. "I thought you didn't want to? Not to mention that you used to only design tattoos, and now you learn how to get them done."

Nathan chuckles heartily. "It's been a while since we last saw each other, hasn't it?" He puts on a pair of black, nitrile gloves. "I just really got into this, you know. I want to give my skills a try. The owner likes me, so he offered me the apprenticeship. Of course, I've been sent for a course first."