⋆21༄ The Skincarnation.

Hey! How are you? Ready for another chapter? ♡

__________

Davina's POV

The appointment for my tattoo was initially scheduled for Monday however, someone has changed their mind, and I was offered their time slot for today, which happens to be a Saturday.

Calling Anaya was the first thing I did this weekend. I fed her the latest news, starting from Mason being Connor's brother, going through my mother's odd behavior and someone breaking in, eventually announcing that I had no more intentions in intruding Will's life. Of course, I wasn't going to give up, after all, I had promised myself that I would find out the truth, nevertheless, I couldn't constantly halt the chance for my own happiness in order for someone else's to be found.

Anaya once again proved to be a great friend and reassured me that my decision as to Will is not only justified, but also fully understandable. She told me that I'd be better off without his drama, and I couldn't disagree with that statement. The only thing that made me gutted was that Anaya was still uncertain when she'd be coming back from Edinburgh.

Whilst I'm downstairs, ready to leave for the tattoo appointment, there is a knock on the door. Not wanting for anything to delay me, I clasp my fingers on the handle and push it down. An involuntary expression of surprise settles across my face as I continuously stare at Imaan. "Hi." My greeting sounds more like a question.

"Hi, Davina. I . . . Well," she sighs, noticing how bemused I am. "I know that yesterday you took Declan's shift so he could spend the evening with me. I just stepped by to say thank you." A timid smile blossoms upon her lips.

"I mean, it really wasn't a problem." My eyes narrow in musing as something starts gnawing at my mind. "I don't want to sound rude, but how did you know where I . . . Nevermind." A chuckle escapes my mouth once the obviousness of the answers pops into my head.

"Please, don't be mad at Mason for sharing your address with me. I just think it's lame to thank over the phone." She balks her green eyes around my face, as if worried that she got him in trouble.

"It's fine. I appreciate you stopping by. I would even offer you to come inside but I'm kind of in a rush, so . . ."

"Oh, where are you off to, if you don't mind me asking?" She smiles at me again. The bright rays of the sun lose themselves in the impressive volume of her blaze-orange hair, making the strands adapt the vividness of a bonfire.

"A tattoo place." My voice becomes strained as I lean down and slide my feet into shoes.

"Oh, really? There is a decent one by my house. It's called The Skincarnation Studio. You'd absolutely—"

"That's actually the one I'm going to." I straighten my back.

"Well, I'm heading home anyway, so if you want to catch a bus together—"

"Sure, thank you." I reciprocate the politeness and briskly grab my purse, subsequently locking the door behind me. "How was the evening with your boyfriend then? Where did you go?"

"It was great, we—" she begins, but seeing the way my expression promptly changes, she pauses, her green eyes follow the direction in which my own have drifted.

"Yeah, I know. No, she doesn't—" my mother halts her words once she notices me in front of the house. "I have to go. I'll talk to you later." Her voice drops to a whisper. She then unfalteringly hangs up.

"Who were you speaking to?" I fold my arms across my chest.

"Since when are you parenting me?" She barges for the door to enter the house, which equals in me intentionally blocking her way with Imaan idly standing by my side.