⋆11༄ Red and blue.

Hey guys! First things first, I know I upload only once a week now but as I said before, I want to focus on this volume, the plot and the quality. I am sorry for being quite inactive lately but I try to socialize more as I need it. During the first volume I've spent 99℅ of my time on wattpad, and even though I loved it, it can easily make you forget that there is also life out there, which I'm trying to figure out. I know that you see only one chapter a week, but I can promise you that every single day I either work on more chapters for this volume, or I'm already preparing some bits for another book, or I'm thinking about the plot to make the volume 3 happen, or I'm correcting the first volume. There is a lot "behind the scenes" going on that you can't see, but I hope you'll be happy with the results.

This chapter is quite short but the following ones will be longer. I just like to include what I want in one update, and I don't pay attention to the word amount.

I love you guys, thank you for always being here and making me smile. ♡

——————————

Was sleeping with Mason a mistake? I guess I'll have to find out in the future. All I know is that right now, I certainly do not regret it.

With my head turned to the left, resting against the car seat, I let the thoughts fall down from the oblivion and flood my brain just like the raindrops are currently skydiving from the night clouds, showering the world with their violent coldness. Even though it is not an awful downpour, the rain looks like needles as it falls down from miles above and extends in the air, its piercing chillness makes me involuntarily shiver even from inside the car.

As the faint melody comes from the radio, so do another thoughts out of the blue. It's still hard for me to believe that a month ago I was perfectly happy, thinking that me and Will could eventually have our chance — something that Nathan wanted us to have over half a year ago.

The time has flown by so quickly as if the present desperately wanted to keep up with the future, which had a totally opposite outcome than desired, making it prematurely become our past. They were my past now. Both of them. Will and Nathan, or at least anything romantic that I used to have with them.

And now I'm here, in a car with someone who is technically a stranger to me, but yet somehow we happened to have sex. Considering it's only the beginning of my summer, here, back in London, and so many things have already happened, I'm quite petrified to see the rest of the holidays. To live the rest of them. Who knows what else will transpire during these few weeks if Will has completely changed, Connor wants to share the truth about Beverly with me, and I... I'm having sex with a random guy whilst my friend is somewhere in Edinburgh, and my ex-bestie along with her new colleague have already tried to hinder the easiness of my shift at the restaurant.

And I still have to work, but none of this would have taken place if Will could only be himself. But he isn't, and I still haven't figured out the reason behind it.

"Okay, what's his name?" Mason asks, turning down the already quietly playing radio.

I furrow my brows, turning my head to the side to look at him. "What?" I gasp, taken aback.

"The guy you either can't get over or simply have a crush on," he states, his tone calm.

Instead of replying, I only stare at him, astounded.

"Come on, Davina," he sighs knowingly, shifting his blue eyes to me for a brief second. "We just had sex and you're sat in your seat, looking as if someone had murdered your whole family. Something's bothering you, and it seems like it only started to after we had had it away, so, what's his name?" he repeats his question, his eyes slide from the road to me.