⋆25༄ Cry baby

Welcome back! Thank you for all the birthday wishes! You're amazing! Hope you're happy the updates are more often now! Enjoy x

__________

'Oh, this is an S.O.S, don't wanna second guess, this is the bottom line, it's true. I gave my all for you, now my heart's in two, and I can't find the other—' The song transforms from a loud concert into a quiet buzz of words as I tear the earphones out of my ears. I nervously turn the music off and clasp my hands on my knees at the sight of Nathan.

"Hey." He shoots me a windsome smile, taking a seat at the table that I've been saving for us. "Sorry for being a bit late. The traffic is absolutely horrendous," he explains, shaking his head in order to get the excess rain off his wet hair. "You okay?" He smiles again and scrunches his brows, amused. He seems to be in a really good mood, and so am I now, observing the droplets of water drip from the ends of his curtains.

"I'm okay." I linger my eyes upon his damp, dark brown sweatshirt. "I'm guessing all the parking spaces outside Costa were taken?"

"Don't even get me started." He chuckles.

His laughter immediately wipes away all the worries from my head, and there are a few.

Firstly, I tried to confront my mother this morning, but when I woke up, the flowers were gone, and Gabrielle Nash had the audacity to tell me that I must've really lost the plot if I started to hallucinate things. I just gave up in the end, not wanting to get into another argument with her. Even though I previously got away with being disrespectful towards her, I didn't want to push my luck any further. It could really get me sent to grandparents'. It didn't matter that I was over eighteen now. It'd be either me going or having no place to live at.

Will was the other cause of my despondency. I still couldn't believe that he threatened me with police if I don't let him be. Whatever he's hiding, is no longer my problem. I've tried. I was even ready to forgive him for having a girlfriend when I'd returned, but he obviously sank back into the lake of his own misery, first double-checking that he's made it a private reservoir that no one can enter.

After Connor had left, I cried just a little bit more, telling myself that everything is going to be alright in the morning, and it really was, because I woke up to a message from Nathan, who'd agreed to having coffee with me.

"Hey, Earth to Davina." He gently kicks me in the ankle, and just like during my birthday, it reminds me of the day we met.

"Sorry, I just didn't sleep well." I smile at him in an apologetic manner, savouring the way his arms go up and his whole body tenses when he takes his sweatshirt off. Now he's only wearing a black T–shirt.

"It's fine. What would you like to drink, silly?" He winks his eye at me, getting up from the table. "Same as usual? Hot chocolate with cream?" He arches his brows at me, and my chest suddenly feels warm because he still remembers.

"Actually, I'll have the same as you. Thank you," I say in a timid voice, fiddling with the hem of my checked skirt.

As I'm sat at the table, I can't help but drift my eyes to his presence once he finds himself by the counter. He's wearing a pair of ivory, cotton shorts, and they contrast perfectly with his black T-shirt and high-top Converse. His now raven hair is still wet, the remnants of rain only add to its natural sheen. I can't still come around the fact that he's got so many tattoos, whilst when I first met him, and even when we split up, he literally had none. They suit him, though. They really do, just like the barbed wire necklace around his neck, and the signet rings that almost never cease to adorn his slender fingers.

Noticing that he had grabbed the tray and started to make his way back towards our table, I nervously fidget in my seat, overwhelmed by his handsomeness. "There you go," he says softly, placing a glass cup in front of me.